Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Current conditions in Pyrenees

Poster: A snowHead
any updates for the Pyrenees? Been a few days without any suggestions! Is it still possible that the 10th -15th will see some big falls? I have no idea how to read these forecasts myself!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PLEASE PLEASE Someoen tell me snow is on the way to Soldeu, Andorra - I am off there on 21st Jan and quite frankly Sh**ing it! any updates would be appreciated.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is it still possible that the 10th -15th will see some big falls???

Yes, still possible.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The conditions can change in hours never mind days or weeks.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another posting on another thread has metcheck stating Heavy snow on the 11th Jan - fingers crossed guys!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
in pas on the 21st, come on dam it snow!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hms_hancock, Im praying with you for the 21st as we'll be in Arinsal then. 2 and a half weeks is a long time in the snow world!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just back from two weeks in the Eastern Pyrenees, chiefly in Font Romeu. Thankfully, the snow cannons and pisteurs in Font Romeu and P2000 have been working overtime to maintain cover on the few pistes that are open, but it really is pretty bare, getting worse by the day due to the huge number of skiers competing for limited space and snow. Font Romeu's south facing slopes are taking a battering from what has been pretty much two weeks of uninterrupted sun (oops Embarassed ) and high temperatures. Word is that Les Angles, Eyne and Puigmal have held up better due to their aspect. Nights have been reasonably cold, so the artificial stuff is good in the mornings, but like Spring soup by mid-afternoon, with some nasty ice patches around. There was an (unconfirmed, but widely heard) rumour early in the week that a teenager died at Font Romeu, having fallen and hit her head on the ice. Absolutely tragic, if it's true.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 5-01-07 17:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rainman wrote:
Font Romeu's south facing slopes are taking a battering from what has been pretty much two weeks of uninterrupted snow

We wish ! snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Smokin Joe, oops! and edited...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rainman, maybe its a vision for the last two weeks of January ............ snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
howdie 29 of of us are off to St Lary (Pyrenees) at the end of Jan hoping for a serious dump of snow or we will be heavily relying on the night life. Has any one been to St lary in the winter? A couple of us went in the summer and thought it was brillaint so hoping that the snow seasons going to be even better ( when it gets here) Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rainman, did you manage to ski in La Llagonne in the end?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
St Lary was my first ever ski trip with my girlfirend Kate (wonder if she still skis?)
New Year 1980-81
There was tons of snow, over a metre everywhere in the village.
I thought nothing of it, just assumed that was what all ski resorts were like.

If only I'd realised what a treat the conditions were!

The only things I remember was a cable car to get to the ski area and a series of button lifts called Mickey1, Mickey2 and Mickey3.

I came back realising that I loved skiing and liked Kate.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rungsp, but what happened to Kate ?
ski holidays
If Metcheck is correct there should be snow falling at the end of next week. I hope they have got this one right.
ski holidays
Michael B, I hope they've got it wrong, and it comes in before the end of next week Confused Just to compound things, I'm meant to be flying out of Bristol airport tomorrow morning Shocked
Oh well, I enjoy a bit of hill walking.
snow report
Phil Jordan, Look on the bright side. Maybe you'll get snowed in and have to stay longer. Laughing Laughing It happens in the Pyrenees.
Have a good trip and I hope there is sufficient to snow to keep you going.
ski holidays
Whats happened to all the predicted snow on Metcheck!!!

AggggghhhhHHHhh...is it ever going to snow in Andorra? I am not going until Feb 10th but at this rate there will still be little snow.

Can anyone tell me why metcheck has changed it's predictions so wildly or when the snow is now likely to arrive?
snow report
dunno what happened at metcheck, but is that 15cms forcast for encamp on the 20th? hope it makes its way over to pas for the 21st!
latest report
Hi, got back last night from a week in Soldeu. There has been very little "real" snow fall but the pisters are doing an outstanding job with the snow cannons keeping a selection of runs open. It is currently impossible to ski the Grandvalira domain without taking a bus with a cheerful Andorran driver (tic), between Soldeu/El Tarter and Pas De La Casa/Grau Roug.

The runs that are open are very varible, with some bits becoming very "polished" others very moguled - you certainly need to be looking ahead and planning your turns wink There are a lot of rocks and grass breaking through on some of the runs where the traffic is heavy and there are also stones mixed into some of the snow! I took my new skis and they look like they've been sanded Sad There is a rumour that it will dump next week but there is nothing on the 6 day forecast at snow-forcast.com

Some of my friends went for Xmas week. As complete beginers they had plenty of runs to enjoy in Soldeu, and I'm glad to say they've now got the ski bug. It's possible to ski all the open runs in Soldeu/El Tarter in half a day. The runs between Grau Roug and Encamp seemed to be in the best condition. Pas and Pas to Grau Roig was ok but pretty crowded.

So in Summary... There is plenty to ski if you don't mind doing the same runs over and over, hey it's got to be better than the dry slope! It's worth the trip to ski in Pas/Grau but again it will be repetative. The grazing is good on some runs Laughing Think about hiring skis instead of taking your own.
snow report
It's depressing, but I'm hoping that Metcheck are wrong and the tail end of the rain (snow) belt travelling across the Atlantic hits the Pyrenees.

I'm in Pas de la Casa on the 27th. Anyone else there then?
snow conditions
Thats annoying! Last week Met Check were predicting snow on Thursday of this week and now its gone Sad

I just watched An Inconvenient Truth last night, so I am thinking that the poor snow this season is just the beginning
latest report
Smokin Joe, let's hope so!

skinutter, no - reports were that it had virtually no snow, so didn't make the journey. There really was no snow to be seen on the ground, other than that which had been produced by the cannons.
snow conditions
ah shame that you weren't blessed witha decent fall of snow while you were away.
ski holidays
Has anyone got any links to GFS models for the Pyrenees? I would like to give this predicting lark a go myself if I can!
snow report
http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_243_ens.png is Andorra-ish
snow conditions
Thanks Carled!

Never done this before...Would I be right in thinking that the best chance of snow is around the 22nd-23rd but even that is hard to forecast at the moment? Am I also right in thinking that it is hard to tell much about what will happen from the 18th onwards?

Trying to make your own predictions is at least a little more fun than everyone telling you there is no snow on the horizon! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah. The tricky conditions make it hard for the models to know what will happen. Huge spread of potential outcomes on that chart. Could go any way at all!
ski holidays
Hi, virtually there is no snow in all Pyrenees!!

But the situation si going to change on Jan 20th. All people here in North of catalonia hope a change in weather patterns that carry to us the snow.

So keep the fingers crossed guys!!
ski holidays
It's my Birthday on the 20th and I'll be in Pas the week after so that would be a very nice present. Very Happy
snow conditions
were going to peyragudes in the pyrenees at the end of jan. i just cant believe is still isn't looking good . here's to hoping.
ski holidays
just looking on metcheck for pas, tomorrow (saturday) its 17C !! its only 12C in london, whats going on with the weather??? Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
I'm not going to Andorra till Feb 10th but am really getting worried now...

There just doesn't seem to be any change in the weather at all...even the proposed start of "better" weather on the 20th is a long way off and may not happen.

I am in a miserable mood today... Sad

I know people on various threads have said things can change overnight but to what extent is that likely to happen? Without a decent base is it still possible that come Feb 10th there could be great conditions in Andorra?

I am hoping that I am being over pessimistic though and something will change! Please! Shocked
latest report
smudger, Check http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/europe_forecast_14days.asp?locationID=3837

I will carry on believing that the snow predicted will fall and all will be well.
latest report
tho 2.8 mm aint alot at all is it, is that meant to be cm?
ski holidays
1mm of rain will make 1cm of snow, so if the 2.8mm of rain falling on Encamp, falls also on Soldeu as snow it will be 28cm (depends on freezing level.) It will of course compact down, so will be less.
snow report
I have just checked this weather map:

http://www.wunderground.com/modelmaps/maps.asp?model=GFS&domain=EU

and the good news is that it shows that Andorra can expect some snow on the 20th and a fair amount of snow will continue to fall during the week following that.

So don't lose hope just yet
ski holidays
kosciosco, god bless you- im willing to sacrifice my blue skies for some snow!!
snow report
Sid I hope you are right. Nade when are you off ?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy