Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What ski should I buy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am 14 years old and have been skiing since I was about 6 or 7. I think that I would be classified as an advanced skiier, but I am not really sure. The biggest run I have probably done is a double blue at Park City. But any ways. I am looking for a new ski this year. I want a ski that can do everything including: rails, jibs, powder, and groomed.
I am 5' 5" and weigh 120 lbs. I want a very durable and versatile ski. I have been looking at the k2 public enemy and the line chronic blend. Please Help!
Thanks,
Jacob
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you male or female? At 14 I'd imagine you still have some growing to do so unless you are skiing very regularly in the season, I would seriously consider renting until you know you hvae stopped growing or you'll be shelling out again next season and then again the season after that.... Moreover, as I'm sure others will say, there is no such thing as a "do everyting" ski, they all have their biases, one area in which they (are designed to) perform better. So I would try and identify what type of skiing you do most and look for a ski with that bias.

Oh and welcome to snowHead!

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi krafty, another ski, whats wrong with just one ?
Seriously, I have been trying out all the off piste skis I can find - on piste (indoors UK!) and I want to try a short list on the glacier in November. My conclusion is that wider all mountain kit is never going to be as snappy, grippy or fun as a piste ski ON PISTE. There is no shuch thing as a do-all ski but some are better than others : I realy like the Scott Santiago Prophet.
(the Santiago Prophet's graphics are different on the left/right ski so you will have to buy them as a pair Cool )
Welcome to SnowHeads snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy