Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arinsal

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi!

Just booked a trip to Arinsal next Feb and was wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect as it is a complete unknown to us! I have read they still use photos for lift passes, this surely isn't true is it?!?

We are a bunch of beginners and intermediates and unfortunately some of us are teachers so we have had to book during half term. Is booking during this period likely to affect the apres ski much or will there still be lots going on?

Any info on Arisnal would be much appreciated!

Cheers!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
smudger,

Yep Arinsal still have photos on their lift passes

Arinsal is a relatively small resort but I think that it is a great place to start out - There is plenty of beginner and intermadiate skiing to keep you going - Lessons are reasonably priced and a good standard

Queues on the mountain are not too bad generally as far as I remember although there can be a queue to get to the skiing from Arinsal on the Gondola in the morning and vice versa in the evening. You can avoid this though by taking the free shuttle bus about 3 km farther up the valley and hopping on a small chairlift that never has a queue

Final advice is that if you are storing your gear on the mountain you should club together in 4's and rent private lockers for your stuff - The boot storage place is a nightmare that is best imagined than experienced (Think 2,000 damp ski socks and no windows) and the tour company cages for skiis can get a bit violent

Bon Ski

Kieran
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i went arinsal back in january and have booked again to go next jan as well, photos werent needed as they now use a card with a chip in it. great skiing for beginners and intermediates especially if you go over to pal, its well worth a visit or two. several lively pubs and clubs which stay open until the early hours, beers not as cheap as i was led to believe but not dear either. if theres anything specific you want to know, feel free to ask. youll have a superb time for sure.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just to say that arinsal haven't used photos on their passes for at least 2 years so don't worry - all hands free now. I second going to Pal if you are an intermediate skier, but even better is Arcalis, which is also covered on your pass. You can catch a bus from La Massana (which is where the gondola from Pal goes to), just a couple of Kms away served by the free ski bus. If you get a taxi tho it should take around 25 mins and cost as many euro, but well worth it for a few of you.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Better over in Pal than Arinsal - very nice, quiet village.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all your replies!

Read somewhere on here that the nightlife can get a bit violent in Arinsal Sad

Can anyone confirm that as the case or not (Specifically during the half-term period) as it doesn't sound like my idea of fun!

Cheers Peeps!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Was there in March, and never saw any violent tendencies in the local nightlife. Can only confirm that Arinsal skiing is pretty limited, and advise to go to Pal or Arcalis areas, which are covered by the same ski pass and not too far away. If you're booked to stay in Arinsal village, Pal would be the best option to look at, depending on whether you've got transport (I have no experience of the ski busses mentioned). If you have transport, Arcalis can be magic...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
smudger, dont worry - we found it very quiet ! Even Pas de la casa was like a wet weekend in Durham.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Where are you staying? We stayed at the Princessa Park and had a blast. Lovely hotel, good food and bowling and spa included - we bummed around the hotel - had an upgrade on our room so beers in the jacuzzi was apres ski! Even if you are not in that Hotel, it has a really nice bar and lounge which would be good for card games and stuff with a bunch of people... Cool Depends what you're looking for really.

Some lovely off piste between the trees and there is a natural half pipe straight up from the Gondola - you all boarders or skiers? Cool
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheers again people! snowHead

Freestyle, we are all going to be skiing but with the exception of myself and one other all are total beginners! That was part of the reason for booking Arinsal. We are staying in an private apartment and have cars for the week so getting to Arcalis with my one fellow experienced skier shouldn't be a problem! Looking forward to it now! Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have fun smudger. You'll have a great time snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Enjoy! snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
smudger wrote:
Thanks for all your replies!

Read somewhere on here that the nightlife can get a bit violent in Arinsal Sad

Can anyone confirm that as the case or not (Specifically during the half-term period) as it doesn't sound like my idea of fun!

Cheers Peeps!

Hi there...Have been to Arinsal a few times & twice at 1/2 term i can tell you the atmosphere is nowhere
near as rowdy as the other weeks, although it can get busy on the slopes. Visit the resort website and apply for their free discount card which gives you discounts on lessons, lift pass, rental, mountain restos etc etc... well
worth it. on the subject of lessons, private lessons at the ski school are excellent & good value but do try an insist on a native english speaker unless your spanish/french is up to speed.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
smudger, been to Soldeu 3 times, all good fun and hope you enjoy it snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy