Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Shows 2006

Poster: A snowHead
Just recieved mail from Natives with dates for this years shows:

The dates of this year's shows:
16-22 Oct, The Metro Ski & Board Show (Olympia, London)
28-29 Oct, The British Snow Show (G-Mex Centre, Manchester)
03-05 Nov, The British Snow Show (NEC, Birmingham)

Go to http://www.natives.co.uk/global/global241.htm for voucher for B'ham and Manchester(2 for1) http://www.seetickets.com/skishow/index.asp?filler2 for £2 off London.
My local is the NEC.Not this year though Sad as I shall be at the PSB Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't think that the Olympia show starts until the 18th Oct Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are these shows any good?

Never been,but been told it's just full of TO's selling holidays?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
LIAMJ, and why go to a show for that when you can come here and have us independents pimping at you. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ben wright, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
katski wrote:
Don't think that the Olympia show starts until the 18th Oct Puzzled

Tis true,just checked the link.Blimey,even Natives cant get it right rolling eyes

LIAMJ,true to a point.Lots of TO's handing out lots of leaflets,however can be usefull for resort info and piste maps.Never found the shows much use on the bargain front,though I did pick up my current gloves from a 'bargain bin'.Have a feeling they were a mistake though....around £60 RRP...got em for a fiver Toofy Grin
Really its just an excuse to fondle expensive toys wrapped in plastic wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowskisnow, Think you'll find that this is the show at Olympia for that http://www.erotica-uk.com/ wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are looking at doing a little something at the Birmingham show. For a start, we're sorting a boot clinic, chatting with CEM about this and the Brigham guys too. The plan is to have a Q&A style clinic where general and specific questions can be answered. More as we get it sorted.

The other thing is a pleasantly daft plan which needs a bit of health and safety checking before it can be given the final go-ahead, but it involves a crossover with the motorcycle show on at the same time.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fallliner, Intresting you will be using Brighams and not S+R, is there a reason for this? Little Angel
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Probably because S+R haven't been to the Birmingham ski show for about 5 years - whilst EB have one of the biggest stands.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anybody ever been to one of these

Is it like any other excibition, such as stands from all different manufacturers etc etc

If so sounds like it could be worth a visit
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Renry, went last year to the NEC and it was quite interesting. Picked up some guides for a holiday in Canada and a pair of skis each snowHead
thinking about going again this year
anyone else going ?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RobW is right - EB are there in force and S+R aren't, as far as I know to date.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Renry, manufacturers generally don't exhibit. Their reps can normally be found on the shop stands flogging their own kit! Shows are OK for atmosphere (just) and if your hobby is buying overpriced crepes and Bavarian sausage.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Black Diamond some times have a video tent. That's quite good for free. There's loads of people selling stuff off cheap, usually from the crap they couldn't sell anyway range but some not that bad stuff. Couple of ski/board pros jump into the big balloon. Occassionally a snowboarder even lands a trick. The guy who does trampoling with skis on, impressive the first time you see and the second actually.

They're a diversion for a couple of hours.
latest report
I have to say I resent paying to get in to these things, they are just a sales forum for TOs and shops. They're usually crowded and the shops all hire in temporary staff who are not as clued up as the full timers. The entertainment is pretty weak too.
snow conditions
Manufacturers will be at Brum - we're doing the boot clinics with them. Quite a few take small stands where you can try kit on/ bend it a bit far/ apologise for bending it too far. And they don't make you buy it afterwards...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy