Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Time for some new boots to replace my Integral equippe 9's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yes, I know these are a seriously old pair of boots !!!!

I ski a couple of times a year; the whole mountain at speed and I'm looking to finally polich off my Off Piste technique, however, my olf boots are finally fubar and I need a new pair.

Salamon appear to fit me well as I've wide and funny shaped feet.

I'd grade myself as a 8 on the slush+rubble scale and so I'm thinking about at least trying the Salomon Course Spaceframe Expert.

Any comments or seggestions ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can you make this event as it sounds ideal for you.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
scooby_simon, Get along to a good shop..CEM and SZK may know of one ! Cast aside any notion of brand and type of boot - and have the shop staff advise you... wink
ski holidays
 brian
brian
scooby_simon, were they purple ?

Mine sadly hit the bin as well this year. I found a pair of X-wave 10s fit pretty nicely though. A fair bit softer than the Integral Equipes.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FenlandSkier

Nope, no-can-do.

Brian,

Nope they were the orange ones with yellow clips - very subtle !

Very stiff, but surprisingly compfy !

Ski, agree about just letting the book tech guide me, but still feel that Snowheads can help...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
scooby_simon, they would be around 1990ish , had a pair myself

as for which boots to look at, it is impossible to even start suggesting boot to you, i could wwrite a long list but you would eb as well to pick up and S&R catalog so you can se the piccys.

there are a few key points that you should think about when you do buy boots

1, at the level you are looking for they will be tight (or at least they should be)
2, footbeds are critical if you want a truely 3dimensional fit, but an off the peg footbed will be a lot better than a badly made custom one
3, custom liners foam, or zip fit could be a help if you have really awkward feet.
4, if oyu have lumps and bumps on your feet , you need a shell that fits the main body of your foot and have it expanded in specific areas, if the boot fits where it touches the foot will be swimming within a week or so,

hope that helps a bit, if you need more either ask on here or drop me a PM Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy