Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA delays new baggage allowance

Poster: A snowHead
There was a fairly lengthy thread a few months ago on BA's new baggage rules which promised to be beneficial for taking skis, boots, etc. I've just received an email from them advising me that they are delaying implementation of this due to recent problems, new restrictions, etc.

Hope it's sorted by January as I'm booked with them for Grenoble.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Colin B, BA still suffering under the DoT's/BAA's idiotic restrictions.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Colin B, i didnt think BA's changes where making any real difference

Even with old rules you could take skis and boots, but maybe the trouble comes if your total weight it too high
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
On my flight to Geneva tomorrow the weight limit is 23kg - I know my boots weigh about 5kg, I'm guessing my case must weigh about 15kg but I have no idea about my skis - possibly more than 8kg? Guess I'll find out tomorrow. Anyone know the excess baggage charge?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dave Burt, I've never even had BA weigh my skis, they just tag them and point you in the direction of the oversize luggage area.

I guess it may change with the general tightening up of baggage policy......
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Roger C, thanks, that's good to hear. They're not usually very fussy, so I'm sure I needn't be worried.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dave Burt, I normally don't let my ski bag near the scales - I hold it upright in front of the desk so they can clearly see it, and when it comes to tagging it, I hold it above the conveyor.

...BTW, have a great trip! (lucky bar steward)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I thought that one item of sporting equipment (skis, golf clubs, etc) was carried by BA in addition to your normal luggage allowance?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dave Burt, You shoul;dn't have much of a problem. If you're going from Heathrow, be prepared for chaos...that said Gatwick at 19h00 on Friday was business as usual apart from the pathetic rules on fluids, etc.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar.org.uk, the one item being skis and boots.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar.org.uk, according to their baggage conditions, you can take as many pairs of skis as you like as long the total weight is within the allowance - no extra allowance for skis at the moment!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wear The Fox Hat, yeah I'm not surprised, seeing as you usually have at least three pairs of skis stuffed in your bag don't you? Cool
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dave Burt wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, according to their baggage conditions, you can take as many pairs of skis as you like as long the total weight is within the allowance - no extra allowance for skis at the moment!

I didn't know that. I've never had my skis weighed when flying with BA; I've not offered to hoist them onto the scales and nobody has asked me to. They simply stick a label on the ski bag and it gets taken to the oversize bag drop.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagchk/public/en_gb

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagsport/public/en_gb
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We were warned about the new rules when we flew in June. We had 2 big cases weighing 30kg each. We were told that once the new regs were in place we would be OK if we split the contents into smaller cases weighing no more than 23kg each, so no real change other than having to buy 3 new cases and having 2 cases made redundant.
snow conditions
Roger C wrote:
Dave Burt, I've never even had BA weigh my skis, they just tag them and point you in the direction of the oversize luggage area.

I guess it may change with the general tightening up of baggage policy......

Be careful - That's what I found on the way out to Geneva earlier this year but it was a different story on the way back. All baggage was weighed together including skis.

BA sub out to handling agents in Geneva - they are not so lenient as BA staff. They tried to hit several of our group with excess baggage charges on the way back. It was only because we argued that we were not charged on the way out (carrying the same gear) that they let us off.

snowHead
latest report
Dave Burt wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, yeah I'm not surprised, seeing as you usually have at least three pairs of skis stuffed in your bag don't you? Cool

...well, I have to bring the right pair to go with my socks...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy