Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hahnenkamm '07

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hahnenkamm '07
Jan 23rd ---Jan 28th.
Has anyone been in the past.
I'm in Zell am See that week and would love to go. I'll have a car with me but dont know if its better to go by train.
Any advice please.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not been to see the downhill but friends have. The roads are normally very busy, I'd say use the train.

Looks like there's a direct link that takes ca 45 min .....

http://www.oebb.at/vip8/oebb/en/index.jsp

If you take the train then be sure to pre book seats.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We went in 2005.
Race day is very busy in town.
The train stops right at the foot of the gondola/race slopes so would be a good option.
Check the weather and information beforehand,as last year we were told the GS was off, skied over the other side of the mountain- and lo and behold it was being shown live on the tv screen in a bar!

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 7-09-06 21:03; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
get there early .. the racing was over by lunchtime the year i went .... and be prepared for lots of very drunk Austrians
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ive also always fancied going to the hanenkamm.

I have been told though that it's murder trying to get around as it's basically the Austrians main sporting event of the year.

Prices are also heavily inflated during race weekend.

Good luck if you do go and we would love to hear how you got on.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Super Eagle wrote:

I have been told though that it's murder trying to get around as it's basically the Austrians main sporting event of the year.

Prices are also heavily inflated during race weekend.

We got the train in and out for the day and it was fine. Obviously round the finish is crowded but nothing untoward and the town itself was busy but nothing you wouldn't see on a standard British high street.

I think my only purchase was beer and don't remember the price being out of the ordinary .. I guess accomodation might be pricey then but I wouldn't have thought it would be any worse than other peak times.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Easy to get on the train from Zell, they put special trains on that day, if I remember. And do go early. Expect the train to be packed with Austrians getting very merry (even at 9am) so take some beers to share the merriment! If you go by car it will be impossible to park it (except miles away) and it will take longer to get there. I'm hoping to be there myself as I missed out last year.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I watched it the year Klammer won by more than a second. I was right beside the big mausefalle jump, a few yards down, just down from the start (they land doing about 80mph). I saw the undersides of their skis as they went over with a big Whooosh. Very impressive. Mind you I couldn't make out anything on the loudspeakers so I didn't have a clue who I was seeing. Also it was so steep where we were that several people lost their footing and slid right down. I nearly did too, but caught hold of a branch which turned out to have some barbed wire round it. (Ouch! Hospital afterwards for 2 stitches.)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We'll be there the week leading up to the race but leave on the Sat so I guess we'll miss it. Should see some training sessions though.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy