Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

have some more...

Poster: A snowHead
As someone pointed out, the compression on You Tube makes this almost worthless...

Any-moo... have a look and a laugh if you like:

http://youtube.com/v/qvQQpEuS_9g

I've commented, so it's only fair!

Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Would you trust this man to still be alive if you bought a chalet holiday from him?

Actually it looks great and shows a side of skiing with which I unfortunately have no familiarity.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
parlor, very cool video Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
parlor, You have elevated yourself finely in my estimation. I still don't understand your fascination with v. fat skis, but otherwise a mighty entertaining video. Well edited, great track and some excellent sections. Particularly liked your acceptance of possible ridicule.

Well done.

And I really do admire your 360 towards the end. Very neat.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Murdoch, thanks David.

My offer to take any snowHead skiing if they come to Verbier stands, doesn't all have to be like this though Wink

T Bar, Gonna touch wood but I've not done any damage in a few years. Damn It. That's probably at least a knee this season. As it happens, if I do have an injury Mrs P is more than able to run the chalet on her own... as I have done for her on many occasions! The bloodwagon in the video is one of Mrs P', every season she misses 2-4 weeks due to one injury or another Twisted Evil

Please tell me I didn't just jinx myself... Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David Murdoch, I thought you might like my non-black ski pants too Wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
parlor, Great video, some superb skiing also.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
parlor, nice tracks, and nice (sound) tracks too. Those 130mm boys look like fun.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Murdoch wrote:
parlor, I still don't understand your fascination with v. fat skis

I hope the video goes a little in the direction of explaining why I enjoy fat skis so much.

When I ski off piste, in variable, conditions, I love the fact that I float over almost everything. The bits that I don't float over, I flattern.

I like jumping. Well, less jumping and more falling. When you do this on a skinny ski the ski just disappears when you land. You need a ski with a 90mm+ waist... even in the 'olden days' the skis might have been skiiny but the big boys were doing in on 200cm+ that's a fair bit of surface area.

The other reason I like fat skis (100mm+) is that you have to work them harder when not skiing powder. Skiing piste, on piste skis, holds as much interest for me as skiing indoors. It can feel great when you lock down a big GS turn on a race department ski, but your average 'skier cross' ski is just a boring drill. I prefered my 215cm RC4s to 170cm SX11s. Turn, turn, turn. Forget that. I want charge, charge, charge.

I like life exciting, I like my skis exciting. Spats, ARG, Lotus 138s, bring it on I say.

They also make skiing moguls easier. Twisted Evil
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
parlor,

Great vid, thanks...shame about the 1st sound track, tho'...
I had to say that because you can't fault the skiing.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think he needs to make more turns wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We'll be in Verbier quite a lot this season...I'll take you up on that offer!

that being the case is it too rude to whisper "back-seat"?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arno, Shocked

JT, I'd rather you said something mean about the skiing... Wink The Gadgits are Madeye-Smiley

rungsp, It was a shame we didn't cross 'tracks' last season... must try harder this year. Back seat? Oh yeah baby. I love it from behind. Puzzled Actually before I read this post I showed Mrs P the high res version, when it ended all she said was "I think we need to work on getting you forward, you look like you're sitting on your tails all of the time." Pesky amateurs. True enough though. My excuse was having a prolapsed disc. Mrs P said that was rubbish, I just don't try hard enough. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mmmmm powder.....

Nice work - pretty tight stance, thought Prophets might force a wider stance but you make them look like normal (95mm ish) waist skis.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great little vid. Although I feel sorry for the person filming. Looks like you were having all the fun while some poor soul was freezing their nads off filming.
snow conditions
ska ska ska Very Happy Now that looks fun.
ski holidays
fatbob, I think I adjust my stance for different snow conditions.

conor, payback really... I think I have two stills from the last three years of me skiing, but as a "hobby" photographer I've taken some 2000 skiing photos of my friends skiing! It was all filmed on regular digital cameras, just when my friends could be bothered really.

Frosty the Snowman, rudy, da-da-da-da-da Very Happy
ski holidays
parlor, stop your messing around, better think of your future.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy