Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warren Smith autumn dates at Xscape

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.warrensmith-skiacademy.com/program.htm
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you attending any Jon ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
srobbo, I'd like to do a Castleford session or two. It's workload dependent but I'm usually in Leeds on a Mon so hopefully I'll make those. I'll let you know nearer the time.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Will have a look at the diary this week, have a couple of days holiday to use up, so may be able to attend.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon, Unfortunately I will/would only be able to make one of the MK dates, is it worth doing just one afternoon?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Linds, I'm thinking of doing one of the MK ones, either 11th or 12th October, or maybe both. I've not had a summer holiday so I've got lots of days to take off work. How about meeting up?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Linds, Yes, as it will give you a few things to work on during your Xscape sessions prior to going on the course in Jan.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RachelQ, I will call you later and see if we can get together if not for this for the Ladies Mornings ( good excuse to do lunch and shopping trip as well) Laughing
Quote:

give you a few things to work on

spyderjon, Possibly more than a few things rolling eyes Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm going to Braehead on the 7th and 14th. Anyone else?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
3rd October at Pas De La Castleford.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i'm going to do one of the castleford sessions anyone done one of these before and would i be better doing two sessions a week apart?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hedley, The days each have the same format which allows for students who are just doing one day. However, there's a number of students that attend all of the sessions so there is some progression for them. Warren will usually split them into a seperate group if required. Obviously, the more you do the better.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thats me booked 2 and 9 oct at castlesford anyone else going to be there?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll probably be attending both the 2nd and 3rd of October at Castleford, dependant on my staff discount Wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jono, maybe see you there then?
snow report
Jono, see you on the third.

You never mentioned this discount bit before!! Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
I've booked for MK 11th & 12th October. Do you think Warren Smith will have time to make me ski like a goddess for the PSB Laughing
latest report
RachelQ, no wink
snow conditions
RachelQ, By the time he'd finished with me, I couldn't ski at all! Shocked .
ski holidays
marc gledhill, Hope you have a good time at Castleford tomorrow snowHead
Please let me know how it goes, but if it is painful you better not tell me as Im going to MK on Thursday Shocked
At least the MK slope is nothing like Mineral Basin with the deep powder Laughing rolling eyes
I may try and do another session the following Thursday if I can.
I will bring out Epic DVD's for both you and spyderjon, to PSB

Anybody else doing the MK with Warren Smith this Thursday (5th)?
snow report
Linds, thanks for that.

Linds wrote:
At least the MK slope is nothing like Mineral Basin with the deep powder Laughing rolling eyes

But that's a bad thing!! wink

Repeat after me; powder good, piste bad; powder good, piste bad Laughing
snow conditions
Had a great session with Warren today ending up with skiing on one ski which was a new thrill (Shocked) for me. Going down on one ski wasn't too bad but had a couple of hairy moments going back up the poma.

Note for anyone attending Warren's Castleford classes on the 3rd, 9th & 10th October
The class was scheduled to be 2-5pm but just before the start of today's session Xscape told him that they're now shutting the slope for grooming from 4-5pm. Therefore you'll have an hours break tomorrow for a drink & a chat etc & then resume at 5 for at least another hour. You'll probably finish at about 6.15-6.30pm.

If you're going to the MK classes & are pushed for time it's worth checking with them incase they're doing the same.
latest report
Also had a lesson with warren today at castleford enjoyed it very much,and nice to meet you (spyderjon) snowHead .I was in a group of 3 warren miller first timers.the lesson was excellent and seemed to be built on the principle of deconstructing your current A FRAME stance and by using a series of drills and exercises gradually rebuilding your technique to a more balanced uniform hips through knees to skis stance ,gradually using your thighs to steer your skis and concentrating on ankle flex all the while.
It was a lot to think about especially when you consider yourself a reasonable but relatively 'OLD SCHOOL' skier in the first place ?? but what he preaches does seem to make sense and by the end of the session I did feel I had made good progress even in the limited environment of CASTLEFORD .Obviously practice makes perfect and I will have to continue the good work next monday and throughout the current season.
All those going to milton keynes have fun Very Happy
snow report
hedley wrote:
It was a lot to think about .................

Should I take notes as we go along?
snow report
Well I am back, I survived and have just booked to go for another lesson with them next Thursday at MK Shocked
Quote:

I did feel I had made good progress even in the limited environment of CASTLEFORD.

hedley, Once it clicked into place I found I had such a feeling of stability on the turns Very Happy
I am now so looking forward to the course in Verbier in Jan but for now off to aqua fit to loosen my legs up Shocked then get some deep heat rolling eyes Laughing
snow conditions
Well done Linds, I told you that you'd enjoy it. snowHead
snow report
Quote:

I told you that you'd enjoy it.

rolling eyes I know you did.
marc gledhill, There was talk of powder and off-piste in January Laughing
ski holidays
Linds, Will your new technique improve your feelings towards big mounds of porridge wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marc gledhill, stop sitting on the fence & sign up for January Twisted Evil
snow report
spyderjon, erm, well, yes. Confused
snow conditions
Quote:

erm, well, yes.

Now all we need is a hot tub and some apple pie (and a few beer of course wink ) Laughing
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman,
Quote:

towards big mounds of porridge

I will be the first to admit it is all in my head Embarassed rolling eyes I just have to get it out of my head Laughing
I hope the Warren Smith week in Verbier will make me more competent and also give me more confidence (its a old bag thing Laughing )
snow conditions
Linds when are you going to Verbier?

It is not all in my head. I went to the dry slope last night and promptly nearly fell on my first run. It's much harder to turn on the plastic. I'm going 20th Jan maybe see you there.

Ian
snow conditions
ianmacd, See you in Verbier Laughing
Looks like there could be a few snowHead going on the 20th Jan Smile
snow report
Given the recent threads can I make it clear that I am a beginner and old. Did I tell you about the time I went down a black run...
snow report
Hey guys

Also going to Verbier on the 20th, I can't wait did the Saas-fee course in September and really enjoyed it. Will see you there.

Very Happy

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 6-10-06 11:49; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
ianmacd wrote:
Given the recent threads can I make it clear that I am a beginner and old......

You haven't seen Linds yet wink
ski holidays
Sparkygirl, Were you at Warren's days this week at Castleford? If so I think we've met. I'm also on the 20th Jan course.

Where are you in Nottm? I'm in Lambley.
ski holidays
spyderjon, Hi, No I am going this Monday to Castleford, looking forward to it as we missed 2 days skiing in Saas-fee due to poor weather. Hopefully I wont have forgotten my O-frame and of course the essential ankle flex!

I am in Giltbrook
snow report
Sparkygirl, I'll see you there on Monday then.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy