Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations re ski dvds

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got any recommendations re the various ski dvds that have come out in the last two years ?

What do I like ?

What people call big mtn
Tricky decents
Fast decents. Basically the sort of stuff that Hugo Harrison excels at.

I get bored watching too much half pipe/park stuff (trampolining on skis !).

I don't mind trick skiing out side of the park.

I'd love to see some expert tree skiing on dvd but you never seem to get it for some reason.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd also like to see an expert tree skiing.

There's a great scene in the classic ski movie 'Fire and Ice' (stars John Eaves and Suzy Chaffee) where Eaves skis off a cliff at speed into the upper branches of a tall pine tree (it's got to be about 30ft high). The tree collapses and Eaves continues down the slope with the tree between his legs. It's a genius stunt.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
'The hit list' by Matchstick has some great big mountain riding in it. With the likes of Shane McConkey, JT Holmes, Hugo Harrison, Ingrid, Backstrom, Mark Abma, Chris Davenport and Darren Rhalves. There is a great tree skiing segment (a bit short) by pep Fujas, Who states it as being the best tree skiing he's ever done (somewhere in Russia). There are a few tricks but there are actually very few dvds out at the minute which are purely park and even fewer where theres a half-pipe. You should be able to get hitlist on offer now as next years push/pull dvd is out next month. Check out Skimovie.com for trailers of it and hitlist.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
War - Poor Boyz
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was going to suggest War, but it has a bit more park skiing in it than the hit list, though I really do rate it as my favourite of last season.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I know that it is mainly park skiing, but try.fail.try showcases some amazing British skiing talent. There are bits of freeride in there too.

Failing that, the FreeRadicals movies never fail to impress.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
check Teddy bear crisis for some of the most innovative filiming aournd (in my opinion)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Teddy Bear Crisis and Try fail try are both mainly park skiing and the quality of the footage is not as good as those films by Matchstick or Poor Boys. The dvds I own are:
Seth Morrison Chronicles, Yearbook, Teddy Bear crisis, War, Try Fail Try, The Hit List, Pop yer bottles, God save the robots, Nike Acg promo dvd and stimulus. The best value in terms of film length, extras, picture quality goes to War with Hitlist a close second.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Definately agree with Edmundh009 regarding Yearbook. Quality movie. Pretty good on all fronts really. Excellent big mountain footage, decent park footage and in my opinion its worth it just to see Sarah Burke in a naughty nurses outfit. Other than that there is Tangerine Dream and The Prophecy by Teton Gravity Research. Both excellent for the big mountain footage.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have to say I prefer Ingrid myself Embarassed but keep that on the down low.. Oops my secret is out snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you enjoyed yearbook so much you really should check out the hit list which has most of the same riders including sarah burke rolling eyes Laughing . There is a bit less ski basejumping in it too, though I do think shane McConkey is pretty insane (check his jump with no parachute in hit list).
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Where might one obtain these treasures... Puzzled
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
freeze-scotland.com has War by PoorBoys as well as shanghai six from Level one and Teddy Bear Crisis. Natives.co.uk sell the hit list. as do http://www.surf-wax.co.uk who have purchased from b4.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy