Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

what's best resort to go to in december for beginners where snow will be good

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
PhillipStanton, I have had bad experiences too, which I'm not going to talk about here, but I thought I would point out that La Ros was a little different. I have no interests in La Rosiere, we just had a nice family holiday there.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks Helen Beaumont, I understand that. wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for all the helpful comments. Serre Chevalier (VIlleneuve) pipped it in the end over La Rosiere. If Canada/USA had been 4 hours nearer we may have plumped for one of the resorts over there but I'm sure we've made an excellent decision and we'll have a great time. Special thanks to Helen Beaumont, cos she's from the North East and made the suggestion in the 1st place. Did you say you were over that way in December - if so I owe you a drink. I'll be in most bars at some time or other; I'll be the one in the beanie.
latest report
 brian
brian
ryetee, sorry I'm a bit late to the thread and you may already have booked but if you want guaranteed snow in december then you need a glacier.

Les 2 Alpes would fit the bill, does have decent nightlife and has easiski, great instructor, phenomenal value for money (compare her prices to "British" ski schools in the rest of the Alps).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian, Thank you Brian.

ryetee, Sorry to have missed this thread - been travelling etc. LDA is high, cannons on the nursery slopes, and nursery slopes on the glacier (summer skiing) if all else fails. A fair bit to do for the non-skier too (my mum liked it). PM me for more details or look at www.les2alpes.com (tourist office site) and www.2alpes.com (lift company site). Mine is already mentioned. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
brian, 'bout an hour ago!!!! If we all have a cruddy time we now have a default scapegoat!!! It was typical; booked it online (ish!!) and as soon as I had the office skiers crawled out of the wood work and said ooh you should have gone to....TYPICAL!!!
snow conditions
 brian
brian
ryetee, it's ok, I've got broad shoulders wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ryetee, aren't you going between Christmas and New Year? You shouldn't need to go to a glacier resort then so, like the snow, chill.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for that vote of confidence in my snow forecasting Ben ! I'll start the snow dancing tonight. Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ryetee,
I wouldn't worry about Serre Che, I have been going for quite a few years whereas its early season snow record is a little variable it is sometimes very good. There is plenty of snow making facilities so you will get skiing. If the weather comes in and it is windy or snowy you will be well sheltered below the tree line; those who have gone to glaciated resorts will be freezing.
If you are off to Villeneuve and you don't want to go up to Monetier for lessons I would use Buissoniere for ski school they are friendly have good English and keep their classes to a reasonable size. That week may be busy so you may have to book in advance. The ESF class sizes can be very large.
I would certainly agree with Helen Beaumont, that Serre Che is better than most for non skiing activities.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ryetee, where you staying then? We'll be in Monetier from 28th December.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski - Too late!! Already booked now. Maybe next year. What's PM mean btw is it the send/read message link above?
Helen Beaumont - You after that drink!!!?? We're in the Residence L'alpaga. Do you know it? Any good? We should be expert skiers by the time you arrive!! We leave NY eve
T Bar - Thanks for the sound comments - didn't even think of that. We've gone for a package and no doubt paid over the odds but have booked the ski school already. No idea where it is or who it will be with.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy