Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet to charge extra for second hold luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Incidentally, my parents had to go through 2 security checks on the way back from Nice last week and restrictions similar to the ones you've posted were in place. This only applied to flights to the UK, US and Israel and I don't know if it's the same at other French airports.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ben wright, yeah, Strasbourg has it in place too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How does EasyJet get away with the extra charges they make for paying by Credit card ?
If you pay for your goods in a supermarket do they charge extra if you use a credit card ?
Is it legal ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton, in UK law yes.
Although the stored doesn't charge you any more, there is usually a notcie to say that 2.5% of the transacation will be paid to the credit clearing company they use.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ben wright wrote:
Quote:

It only appears to be on domestic routes:
another hammer blow to Scottish skiing!

NO, the blow to Scottish skiing is no snow lol

A
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont,

Yeah OK so why doenst Easyjet do the same absorb the cost in there advertised price after all I would imagine nearly everyone uses some form of credit card to book there flights ???

I believe when your in business and go into an agreement with a credit card company to use there services there is clause that stipualtes that the business using there service cannot add on the handling fee to the advertised price. Also they cannot stipulate a minimum amount you must spend which some busineses try to do ?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton, the fees vary depending on whether it is a credit card or debit card. So if you pay by something with a lower fee, then you pay less.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton, no, companies are allowed here to add a surcharge. It's been that way for a while.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
bladeskier, I used easyjet NCL->GVA at the weekend.

Bought toothpaste airside at Boots on the way out. I think my hand baggage was within the dimensions but they weren't measuring and a couple of other folk round about me definitely were over and weren't stopped.

There were no restrictions on the way back from Switzerland.
snow report
 brian
brian
ben wright, you can take liquids bought after security but you've to keep the bottle sealed until you're on the plane.
snow report
 brian
brian
adam_button wrote:
ben wright wrote:
Quote:

It only appears to be on domestic routes:
another hammer blow to Scottish skiing!

NO, the blow to Scottish skiing is no snow lol

A

Really ?

snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I managed 26 days of skiing in Scotland last year and my last days skiing was 24th June at Cairngorm Smile. Didn't manage the Back Corries at Nevis though - look good from the photo.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wear The Fox Hat,

I know there are varing fees, the point is there shouldnt be any add on fees !

Helen Beaumont,

The fee is a surcharge !

Why you all defending EasyJet ?

All i see nowadays is + this & + that on there website.

Why not options like :-

I have no luggage -£5
I weigh less than 90Kg -£5
I opt out of Warsaw Convention -£5
If I dont want to use the return part of my ticket I can sell it back to them within say 24hrs no wait a minute why not 8hrs Very Happy

On board services I,ll have a Cup of Coffee please but I want a 50p discount because I dont take Cream or Sugar Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:
Why you all defending EasyJet ?

Because they and a couple of other LCC pioneered cheap shorthaul flying. Without easyjet we'd be paying £400 to fly with airlines like BA or Swiss Air. If the downside of flying with a LCC is a breakdown of charges, some of which are avoidable eg flying without baggage, then I really can't see what the problem is.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The whole idea of easyjet is that they dis-aggregate the services they offer you and allow you to choose what you want. I almost never use them myself because I want to carry skis, leave from a major airport after work on a Friday etc etc so by the time you add all that in, they aren't particularly competitive, but they do offer a good option for some people
latest report
Thru Geneva this morning, handluggage as pre terror "plot" - i.e. no noticeable restrictions. Clearly no bomber smart enough to try and get on a BA UK bound flight from abroad, eh?

In fairness I don't think any US carriers go direct to Geneva - but no noticeable additional security at Zurich previous Friday - and I believe there are direct flights? Note that Zurich website suggests that the Swiss are under the orders of the U.S. Transportation Stupidity Authority (??!!) Anyway no liquids from ZRH on US bound flights.

Thru Gatwick Friday - the usual nonsense. Huge queue to security (although all they'd done was almagamate the security approach presumably to ease checking of hand luggage) so only 25mins to get through.

I had my expandable laptop bag so at the bag size checkpoint I removed my jacket from my bag, put it on and zipped the bag down to small (accepted) size. As I collected it from the x-ray machine I unzipped it to un-acceptable size, put my jacket back in it and strolled off.

What a complete nonsense.
snow report
stanton, we're not defending them, you asked a question about the law and adding a fee for credit cards to the fare. All I stated was that the UK law allowed them to. Without EJ, I would be restricted to a once weekly charter lfight to the Alps, possibly Geneva., Chambery or Lyon. It would stop before April, and certainly wouldn't operate in the Summer.
snow conditions
stanton, I have just today attempted a booking using KLM to vist our relatives in Ijmuiden, the KLM site charges you £6 surcharge to pay by credit card. There is no fee for a debit card though.
ski holidays
David Murdoch wrote:
I had my expandable laptop bag so at the bag size checkpoint I removed my jacket from my bag, put it on and zipped the bag down to small (accepted) size. As I collected it from the x-ray machine I unzipped it to un-acceptable size, put my jacket back in it and strolled off.

What a complete nonsense.

Not nonsense at all. The whole point of the reduced hand luggage size is to make it easier for the x-ray operators to distinguish what is being put through the machine. In a shallow bag it is more difficult to mask certain objects from the x-rays by piling many things on top of them (that's why laptops are now being removed from hand luggage prior to x-ray). I agree that it is a right pain having a reduced capacity for hand luggage, and I hope the rumours that it will soon revert to what it was (except liquids) are true. But I don't agree that it is complete nonsense based on the fact that you can expand your bag after it has been searched.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont,

I stopped using KLM last year . Im in a legal dispute with them over charges for Ski Carriage!!

Thats new if KLM are charging now for credit card tranactions, even more reason to boycott them Skullie
snow conditions
stanton, I think the brits are taking over the world, and everyone is out to get you... Laughing
ski holidays
stanton, maybe it's only us poor Uk customers that pay the surcharge I don't know!!!
snow report
I just checked the KLM site. They only charge €7.5 to people flying from Europe to UK obviously KLM think they can rip-off the Brits !!

BTW. KLM is a French Airline now.

Air France-KLM (Euronext Paris: AF, NYSE: AKH) is an airline company incorporated under French law with its headquarters at Roissy-Charles de Gaulle Airport near Paris.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton, not picking on the Dutch, it was just an example, as I had to check some flights anyway. We love Holland.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar.org.uk, to an extent, you make a fair point, but I guess I get back to my argument that if BAA tooled up properly they'd be able to cope with the volumes of traffic. Also, the spin on the situation is not adequately stressing (funny that) that the issue is bag size through security.

And you don't see P&O being asked to use smaller shipping containers (subject to similar x-ray scans at ports of entry) do you? I am afraid it is a specious restriction at BAA's desperate behest as they are unable to cope with standard hand luggage at a time of heightened alert.

And why should liquids be a problem??? (no, I know, no need to rake over old ground Twisted Evil )

You will have noticed that this is my pet peeve du jour!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Murdoch wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, to an extent, you make a fair point, but I guess I get back to my argument that if BAA tooled up properly they'd be able to cope with the volumes of traffic. Also, the spin on the situation is not adequately stressing (funny that) that the issue is bag size through security.

Completely agree about BAA not tooling up properly. They should have some severe penalties built into whatever licence they have to operate about passenger throughput at security, as well as being required to install a wider range of bomb-sniffing kit. How many hundreds of milliosn of £££s did they make last year? Certainly enough for the company to be a juicy morsel for whatever the Spanish company is called that snaffled them up.

David, please feel free to come here for some travellers' therapy - I'd hate to be a frequent flyer out of LHR or LGW at the moment, so I hope it improves for you asap.
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat

Quote:
Non-disposable contact lenses in carrier with small amount of solution (but not bottles of solution)

Thanks you've just made my life a great deal easier for a trip to China later this month - too long a flight to wear my lenses for - but I'm not really sure if I want to be seperated from my contact lenses. Quick trip to the opticans for a lense holder of this sort.
snow conditions
rob@rar.org.uk, here http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagchk/public/en_gb after reading this again, it appears that there are no restrictions on the amount of baggage (23Kgs wieght limit) you can check in but I am sure during the booking process I came accross something which said only one bag. Puzzled
Maybe I was so excited at the good price of the flights I did not read it properly Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar.org.uk, thank you, that's very kind! As I have a one way ticket to Geneva booked end September, it would seem rude not to take you up on it at some point!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy