Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting stuck in GVA and early departures

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We had to find good value (i.e. dirt cheap) accommodation around GVA airport last season, half a dozen times, and used either IBIS or Holiday Inn Express (both walking distance). Sniffing around on Google there are some seriously good prices across the border in France - around Euros 50 / night or less - in Ferney I think.

Any recommendations? Just clean and quiet would do us; good food nearby could be useful. Our problem with crossing the border in a hurry is that we always seem to get caught by some customs officer with a sorehead or no patience with our bad French or both, but those prices look tempting.

Boswell
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boswell, Loads of Accor (Mercure, IBIS, Formule 1) in Ferney. We stayed at the Formule 1 last Monday, and had a meal in the Mercure - both were fine.

We had a car hired from the Swiss side - getting through the border in the morning (6:45 am) no problem.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boswell, strange, we had a Swiss border guard stop us at the border into France in June, and ask us in German where we were going to. I could have replied in French but no they spoke German at a French border. We usually head straight down to the apartment even if it is late though. This has come up before though, and there may even be another thread.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boswell, why?

I will confess that we had one bump-off 3 years ago but Swiss were most generous about accomodating us...

I have stayed at the IBIS up from the central station - and in fatc the one in Annemasse - usually good value.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Other than the one question in Germanmentioned above, we;ve never had any problem crossing the border.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Maybe it's the stuff piled in the car, or our dog, or we just look a bit dodgy....a lot of Geneva locals nip across the border to the HyperMarche or just get cheaper ski gear etc.

Boswell
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So you just need to leave a little earlier??
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy