Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serbia Kopaonik & Stara Planina good news!

Poster: A snowHead
Kopaonik:

After three new four chair lifts last two seasons Doppelmayr will build another two new chairlifts for next ski season at the Serbian ski resort of Kopaonik. One will be four chair fixed-grip chairlift and second will be four chair detachable chairlift. The first one will be at piste called Duboka 2 and the second one will be at piste called Duboka 1. Also all NATO cluster bombs will be removed for this season so one of the best pistes called "Krcmar" will be operate for this season.

Stara Planina:

Serbia will get another completly new ski center at the mountine "Stara planina". It will be one of the bigest ski centers in this part of Europe with more than 200km of slopes. Doppelmayr will build for this season first chairlifts. One will be four chair lift and second one will be ski lift. Doppelmayr also takes foto from air and in comming days thay will make "master plan".
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Also all NATO cluster bombs will be removed for this season so one of the best pistes called "Krcmar" will be operate for this season.

Pistes are always better without cluster bombs!

Thanks for the update, are there homepages for these two resorts?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.babinzub.com/babin-zub.htm
http://www.skijanje.co.yu/Ski_Centri/Kopaonik/staze.htm
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thats great news.

Will all of this be in place for January? (We fly out to Kopaonik on the 21st)

Is there any webcams for this resort?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
no_snow_in_swindon wrote:
Thats great news.

Will all of this be in place for January? (We fly out to Kopaonik on the 21st)

Is there any webcams for this resort?

New chair lifts will be operate in December. I am working to place webcams for next season:)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Stevs, some of those pics on your website looke great! I'd like to visit....

Which is the best airport for Kopanoik and roughly how long to get to the resort in a hire car?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Roger C wrote:
Stevs, some of those pics on your website looke great! I'd like to visit....

Which is the best airport for Kopanoik and roughly how long to get to the resort in a hire car?

You have two choices: Belgrade and than about 4-5 hours to Kopaonik or Nis and than 3-4 hours by bus or car. Roads to Kopaonik are mostly all new. Look at my old posts from last year where I wrote about roads. Also today roads are more better.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks Stevs, i'll look at the options of flying to Nis
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I went to Kopaonik last year, it was awesome. My first snowbaording trip. I flew to Nis, a tiny airport and the coach ride to the resort was about 3 hours. They had just opened a new lift before I left, but unfortunately, I didnt get to test it out as I had diahrrea. I wouldnt reccommend the half board option as the food was, in my opinion, absolutley discusting. I did wonder why teh trip was so cheap, didnt find out about the bombs until our instructor mentioned it! The slopes were wicked though and I'd go again.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just booked up for the 21st (staying at the grand Cool )

I was wondering if anyone knows whether the childrens holidays will be over by the 21st?

I don't get on with crowded slopes and lift queues.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hopefully they'll all be back by then.

See you there!! snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I read on this site their holidays last 3-4 weeks.... 3 weeks from the 1st would leave us with empty slopes and queueless lifts snowHead

20 minute lift queues sound scary as hell Sad

guess your flying from gatwick?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yep, Flying from Gatwick. Me, the Mrs and the 12 year old son. (Also going with 3 others so should be a laugh)

Decent flight times aswell. 2pm flying out.

In the past i always seem to get 7am flights!

Cant wait!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm an hour earlier (with the girlfriend).... that extra hour would of meant a lie in as I'm traveling down from newcastle Sad

see you in serbia Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Will do. Im sure we'll be on the same flights. Ours may well be at 1pm. cant rememeber. Just knew it was around then.

Whilst you're still around here, have you seen Stev's pics from past holidays in Kop?

http://ept.kg.ac.yu/kopaonik/

Any tips on a good night out in newcastle? I'm up there for the weekend in November.
snow report
Hi
Quite fancy the sound of serbia Smile Where are you guys flying to, Nis? Who did you book with, I had a quick look and couldn't see any flights there, is it a package holiday you've booked?

Hope you have a good time Smile
snow report
yes. Booked a package holiday through Crystal.

http://www.crystalski.co.uk/destinations/serbia/serbia.html
snow conditions
no snow in swindon, yeah I found stevs pictures on google and tend to look at them at least once a day Embarassed

Newcastle is a great night out, bar wise the quayside tends to pull the mature crowd, the train station area tends to attract Newcastles hair dressers and 'weekend millionaires', the bigg market is great if youre interested in rowdy geordie slappers (as you have a family I hope this isn't the case)... club wise Digital for all your dance needs or Blu Bambu for drunken geordies.

lynseyf, I booked a package holiday through Thomson (same company as Crystal) and its a 3 hour flight to Nis with a 3+ hour transfer.

If you want to opt out of the package holiday Thomsons do a direct flight to Nis from Gatwick, alternatively BA do a Heathrow to Belgrade for £116 but its a 5 hour transfer.

Balkan Holidays also do a package holiday to kop but its slightly more pricey than thomson/crystal and a longer transfer.
latest report
Thanks, wil keep in mind for 2008, already booked up for slovakia for 2007 Smile
snow report
I'm doing Slovakia in March snowHead snowHead

Jasna/Chopok?
snow report
yeah me too! we're going 7/3, got a nice chalet next to the lift at zahradsky (sp?)
latest report
lynseyf, staying at the studnicky at an unconfirmed date in march.

2 holidays in eastern europe for the price of one in the alps... winner Cool
latest report
a new ski resort will be open in Bulgarian site of West Stara Planina. Berkovitsa will be the next Bulgarian ski resort.......

More info at:
http://www.banskotravel.com/forum/
http://www.westbalkan.com/
snow conditions
-JC-, you had your letter from Crystal today???

Our nice 12:40 flight from Gatwick has now been changed to a 06:45 flight! Might have to book a hotel overnight.

Hope it doesn't muck up your plans too much!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy