Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TK Maxx

Poster: A snowHead
In a moment of idleness, I wandered into a TK Maxx today and…. they had three ski jackets on the rails. So maybe the skiing season (well the buying bit) is now underway.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jtr, Were they next to one another, or scattered about all over the shop ?
Life is too short to go sorting through TK Maxx.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Latchigo wrote:
jtr, Were they next to one another, or scattered about all over the shop ?
Life is too short to go sorting through TK Maxx.

More or less next to each other in the adults jackets section. I was looking for kids ski jackets because in past years they seem to have included a few ski jackets with their "back to school" stuff at really low prices but unfortunately not this time. I'm not sure I can work up the enthusiasm to go back soon unless I've more time to kill.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 10-09-06 17:12; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wait a bit - there may be more.... went shopping with my wife last December and she ended up with 2 new jackets... one ACG and one Columbia plus one for a smaller stoat
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My teens need some new ones too. They will either be from TK maxx, or our local Quiksilver outlet shop.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I couldn't stay away from TKMaxx for as long as I hoped, so whilst mrs jtr was doing her Imelda Marcos impersonation in the shoe section, I wandered around and noticed they have opened up the skiing bit with three rails of clobber, mainly ACG, Dare 2 Be, Columbia, Helly Hanson and Quicksilver stuff.

So the season has started… well according to the Swindon TKMaxx that is.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jtr, We have 3 TK Maxx's in Bournemouth and 1 in Southampton Very Happy One of them closed down for a refit last year and they were selling everything for half price. I picked up a D2B jacket and sallopettes for my son for a mere £35 and myself an ACG Gortex jacket for £40, my trolley was piled high with fleeces and other ski wear. As yet, our local stores haven't any ski wear in, or not from what I could see. Confused
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TK MAXX!!!!!!!

Not that i got any problem with them but when it comes to ski clothing i wouldnt buy from them. You know the old saying ''buy cheap, buy twice''

But if they had some good quality stuff that was a few years old that was just super reduced i might have a go
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Viceversa, they have some very good quality ski clothing in there. When you have growing teenagers, the gear doesn't fit well before it's worn out.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont, Hear, hear! We have had some fantastic stuff (not just ski wear) from TK Maxx. If you aren't too bothered by the two liitle words that often appear on the price tag (Last Season) you can pick up excellent quality 'named' items for far less than original price. With two growing boys, it's a great shop. Just avoid Saturday afternoons! Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bright red salopettes for £30 - couldn't resist. Anything but the obligatory Black snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TK Maxx have had loads of mentions on here,with good reason.Patience is the key,and the right store,but bargains a plenty Very Happy In my area the one at Tamworth is by far the best.No accident,its across the road from the Snowdome.However,none of the stores are worth an extended trip.A store can be devoid of ski gear one week,and stacked out the next.Over the years,I have seen pretty much every credible brand on their rails...but at much reduced prices Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I might need to change my username to 'the flying tomato' Toofy Grin

I bought a new red,red,red FILA ski jacket at TKMaxx in Harrogate today for £49.99.

I know FILA is maybe a bit ASBO teenager but everything about this jacket is really, really first grade quality.

I'm off to ask my wife for the 50th time if I suit red Embarassed before I cut the tags off.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hairy Boy wrote:
I know FILA is maybe a bit ASBO teenager

Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There is now a TKMAXX in Farnborough (about 2 mins from junct 4 of the M3) which opened yesterday. Loads of ski jackets - which I couldn't resist unfortunately Embarassed
latest report
I got a pair of RipCurl Goretex ski/snowboard pants last week reduced from £195 to £60. Last seasons, but they are quality.

Very Happy
latest report
Think it must depend where you are. Our local one was fine for the men, but too full of fashion jackets for the women. Nothing top quality. And no decent trousers (except for boarders). But I will be going back for goggles once they're in.

So I went to Cheshire Oaks instead and got some fab Helly Hansen trousers half price and a Gortex jacket (which was still pricey, but no longer astronomical, specially coz they chucked Gortex gloves in for free). Cheap (but good quality) base and midlayers too.

Feeling very happy now Very Happy
snow conditions
Costco, liverpool. Tresspass jackets £38, salopettes £18. Ok not the best make nor the best colours but jackets seem to be well constructed, snow skirt, goggles pocket, inner sleeve with thumb loops etc... if you want cheap Toofy Grin

Also Outdoor World have started their ski sale
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy