Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica Hot Rod Elliminators

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone tried Nordica Hot Rod Elliminators?
Any comments.....praises or criticisms?

I'm curious as I tried some last year and loved them. They won lots of awards in magazines etc. but are hardly ever mentioned on this forum.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hellfiresliding, I mentioned them a lot last year. Were tied for my "ski of the year". I haven't tried this year's variation yet.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hellfiresliding, Nordica have really got things right with this range. The Hot Rod Modified is the one to look at. Full wood core version will add livleyness and life span. Cool
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have the Hot Rod Nitrous. Same construction as Eliminator but slightly wider. I love them. In a word - FUN. I think the Eliminator is wood core but Modified has extra layers of metal? I think Nordica have increased their range for the new season with the Afterburner and Jet Fuel giving more width.

IMHO you could do little better than a Nitrous for an all-round do-anything ski.

hellfiresliding, you might want to do a search on Epic Ski, where the Nordica Hot Rod range has had quite a bit of attention.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
conor,
Eliminator: Wood - Composite Core, 2vActive CA(carbon) Cap Construction.
Modified : Full Wood Core, 2vActive Ti(titanal) Cap Construction.

Both 119-74-104. Side cut.

I would agree that the Afterburner is the best all-mountain ski in their range. However hates bumps and short, narrow, steep pitches on Piste. Little Angel

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 29-08-06 17:28; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Unfortunately neither the Modified nor the Top Fuel are being imported into the UK AFAIK.

And ti in this instance is Titanal (Alluminium alloy), not Titanium Cool
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another one to test at the PSB then snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
veeeight, I don't think anyone in the UK stocked these last year either. EB stocked the Nitrous and Eliminator.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
any piccies?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jono, try

http://www.nordica.com/ski/scheda.php?s=5
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sharkymark, just had a look at the new range. Looks great. Prefer the look of my 05 Nitrous to the new ones though Cool
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was looking for Modifieds last year and couldn't find them anywhere - other than some on Ebay in USA. Guess I'll have to try again this year.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
veeeight, pretty sure the top fuel is in the UK ...or will be, i will check over the next couple of days and get back to you Little Angel
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Okies. Thanks.

Ski'd the Top Fuels & Modified in 170 on a mountain last year, thought they were the dogs bollocks.

Ski'd the Eliminator in 170 at Tamworth today - in that length you would think it's a horrible ski, long time to go from edge to edge, and very stiff torsionally.

But once you get it up to speed it's great. It's not a slow speed ski.

They'd do much better supplying demo skis in a shorted length for snowdome use.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
veeeight, the length of demo skis was something that got a good discussion going on Sat at MK, normally what happens is wms skis apear in 156, 163 and mens / unisex in 170 . 177 or similar, the demo pools (certainly in the UK) are put together in Feb of the previous season and at that time the sizes available are limited as not everything has been produced.

the problem i have is when i want to test something like the eliminator on the mountain 170 is just too short to get the best from it (it still works but i would like something longer.

next idea Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled we need a 1500m long indoor snow slope Toofy Grin
latest report
veeeight wrote:
Unfortunately neither the Modified nor the Top Fuel are being imported into the UK AFAIK.

And ti in this instance is Titanal (Alluminium alloy), not Titanium Cool
Actually I think they all are. The rep has every model but one which is missing because it got stolen. Even so though, whatever the rep has makes little difference if the shops aren't stocking it.
I expect he'll be at Tamworth with the range tomorrow night.
snow conditions
yep he was,

top fuel is available in the UK need to check dealers for that one, the modified however will probably not make an appearence (other than the demo ones) as the price put the shops off Toofy Grin
latest report
The price of the Modified is nothing compared to the Nordica SpeedMachine Mach3 tho! wink Ski'd that last night, uber uber stable and smooth! Great ski!
snow conditions
Skiied The SpeedMachine Mach3 last night too, thought it was far more stable and speedy than the Hot Rod Nitrous I tried. The favourites that I tried last night were Dynastar Contact 11 - the graphics are crap but was the most comfotable and stable of the ones I tried.
snow conditions
veeeight, Pete1909, At what speed were you travelling, i would hope any ski were stable at the kinds of speeds reached indoors! Puzzled
ski holidays
Pete1909, Which one were you? Glasses? Did you have a backpack on?
snow report
veeeight, Yeah full of; suncream, probe, shovel, skins etc........................I'm just kidding!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, They had a large kicker and a long box out on the slope last night, when I say stable, it was more in terms of going through the mounds of snow and crud around these obstacles, rather than outright speed.
ski holidays
veeeight, Who would spend an evening in the cold, kicking a long box? Or a short box come to think of it? NehNeh
ski holidays
Naked...............not really, a bit too cold for that.
I was wearing a Brown Hoody and probably looking like I can't ski. I can honest, probably not as good technically as I'd like to think but who cares I enjoy it.

Regarding Stable: No you can't get any decent speed but at the same time you do get a feeling how they re-act on the bits of ice and crud etc... I suppose really what I'm saying is I felt most comfortable the Conatct 11's.

Will be testing them properly before I decide to buy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy