Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Keela Munro

Poster: A snowHead
Is the Munro a ski jacket?

I suspect the answer will initially be no, but if so can anyone explain the differences between very expensive Ski Jackets and the Munro.

I am after a jacket for the use in the UK for general purpose/walking use that has the potential to be also used on the three ski trips I am planning.

Is the Munro more a waterproof jacket?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
micksup wrote:
...can anyone explain the differences between very expensive Ski Jackets and the Munro.

That's easy. About £200 wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ao marc gledhill, that good then Smile if so done deal.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The difference is that Keela tend to sell in bulk to performance conscious rescue services etc. whilst many of the others tend to sell to fashion conscious individuals.

Double seemed, adjustable wired hood and erm... Powder skirt: what would you want of a ski jacket that the Munro doesn't have? snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
admin wrote:
... Powder skirt: what would you want of a ski jacket that the Munro doesn't have? snowHead

A spyder logo Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Keela Munro sounds like a Page 3 Girl.

There is a 13 page thread on Keeley from Bromley on one of the football forums.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
keelamick, you know, it might just work. Cool
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Searching the Snowhead archives reveals several discussions, including http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11659
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Is the Munro a ski jacket

Yes, 3 trips in mine this year and walked the Beacons Way in it in Late October too. Its a shell, best suited to winter work being quite heavy as a walking coat. The fabric remains breathable even when wet (cf Goretex), and it has a texture that wont slip on snow if you fall on piste. Look at the previous thread. Sizing is quite generous. I'm 42-44 and Large gives plenty of space for a sizeable fleece underneath.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hope it's good as i've just bought one Smile in red.
Was skiing last year dressed all in all black.
I've bought red gloves, red jacket and red base layer - now need to find some red pants!
Hope not to see too much red snow next season though Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
micksup wrote:
Is the Munro a ski jacket?

I suspect the answer will initially be no, but if so can anyone explain the differences between very expensive Ski Jackets and the Munro.

I am after a jacket for the use in the UK for general purpose/walking use that has the potential to be also used on the three ski trips I am planning.

Is the Munro more a waterproof jacket?

Thanks

Sorry to resurrect a necrothread, but after hearing so much about the Munro, and then finding one at £50, thought I'd take a punt.

Most sellers describe the Munro as having "generous" sizing and indeed as I usually take an XL I plumped for this large jacket.

Great! Now it fits fine, extra generosity in the sleeve diameters, the torso portion, smiled contentedly when I saw the zip in and out snow skirt, and then slipped it on and zipped it all up and this is where the butt hurt begins.

If you zip it up to the top, then it sits in an odd position tilting your head back, but with the neck baffle too narrow to get your chin comfortably in and wear a hat/helmet.

OK, so now try and put the hood up........nope...can't....ya gotta undo the zip to about bottom of neck and then put the hood up and then rezip up.

Room inside for a helmet? Nope, and the hood shape and geometry is odd as well and the wired peak is nigh on ineffectual.

All of the above are with the adjustments at their loosest

Now is the jacket design at fault or should I have stuck to an XL?

For both skiing and climbing purposes, the size of the hood and the inability to get a helmet in, the Keela Munro is a no go:(

How the Mountain Rescue guys get on with the helmet thang is beyond me
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ratae Corieltauvorum, m8 - take the coat hanger out and try again.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
Ratae Corieltauvorum, m8 - take the coat hanger out and try again.

I already took the previous owner out Cool
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ratae Corieltauvorum, seriously tho, if you want to get rid of it - I'll take it off your hands. I'm def an XL and I don't wear a helmet so it's not an issue for me. If not can you point me in the direction you sourced it?
snow report
I'm happy to sell it on to you Ratty, but I'm a definite XL and hence the snugness. I think we'd really need to stick with XL?

I'm 6' with around 44-46 chest and widish shoulders and if I didn't want to use it fully zipped up I'd be good.

I'd have loved it to have fitted how I liked, because everything else that people say about the jacket is about right, it feels well made and is tough in all the bits that I normally feck up.
latest report
Why would you put a hood over your helmet for skiing? Bonkers idea, unless you are on the coldest lift on earth. Is the hood removable? If not, just don't use it.
snow report
Mistress Panda wrote:
Why would you put a hood over your helmet for skiing? Bonkers idea, unless you are on the coldest lift on earth. Is the hood removable? If not, just don't use it.

Girl mentality rolling eyes
snow conditions
Mistress Panda wrote:
Why would you put a hood over your helmet for skiing? Bonkers idea

Fair weather skiier, eh?
snow report
Mistress Panda, stops the snow going down your neck when you are hucking cliffs (or two foot mounds of snow) less than perfectly Sad

Ratae Corieltauvorum, you just described me more or less. I need to lose a bit on the ol' waistline so I'm happy to risk it if you are - what colour is it, BTW? I used to have a very early style Gortex jacket back in the day that had, more or less, the same issues you are describing (no way a helmet would have fitted under the hood) so I'm used to working within the limitations described. The zip/hood up issue is particularly familiar.

I'm in London if that's of any use. Otherwise how do you want to do this?
snow report
RattytheSnowRat,

It's an all black'un, Large, and bought by the last owner in March 2012, you do PayPal?
Drop us an email on s.r.dugganatgmaildotcom
ski holidays
Errrrr, sort of. Paypal started playing up yesterday and is making me jump through all sorts of hoops becasue the reckoned some of my small legitimate purchases were dodgy. I've now just got to do some sort of auto 'phone response thingy but I have to be at home to do it - very annoying. I'll try to fix it this evening.

e-mail to follow, black's good.
snow report
Ratae Corieltauvorum, helmet compatible hoods have only really started appearing in the last 2/3 years so if your Keela is more than a few years old it then the hood was probably never designed to go over a helmet.
latest report
spyderjon wrote:
Ratae Corieltauvorum, helmet compatible hoods have only really started appearing in the last 2/3 years so if your Keela is more than a few years old it then the hood was probably never designed to go over a helmet.

Jon, on technical mountain jackets they've been around for longer than a few years, and Keela tend to lend themselves to the stone mountain more than the snowy one
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy