Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salopettes

Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering how come some ski pants are insulated and others are not? I just always seem to be on an ever eternal quest for trousers that fit and don't make me look like the michelin man! I have tried some non--insulated that fit great but worried about being cold, though I do wear thermals underneath. Would this be sufficient?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 29-08-06 11:52; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Winter and spring use?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shell or non shell.

I have shell ones - no insulation. That way I can layer up as much or as little as I want underneath them.
On a spring day, I might just have them on with nothing underneath. On a cold winter day I might have heavy thermals and TSBs.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sparkygirl, My ski pants are uninsulated.

Great in warm weather and if you put on a pair of 3/4 length thermals they're great in the cold too. Never needed more lagging than that.

If you're cold, ski harder! wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
On a cold winter day I might have heavy thermals and TSBs.

Am I going to regret asking what TSBs are?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Label says HyVent, waterproof, breathable and durable so shell I guess. Comfy and look good (of course this is key!!)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yes what are TSB's?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tracksuit Bottoms
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

On a spring day, I might just have them on with nothing underneath
even on the warmest spring day skiing, I wear pants under my shell trousers.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
marc gledhill, thank you!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sparkygirl, if they are those TNF ones at about £100 with the full length zip down the side, fairly thick for uninsulated but no fleece inside, I got a pair last December and skied in Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar and April in them. No problems with being cold at all - had some thin thermals underneath for Dec-Feb and went without Mar/April. I don't tend to get particularly cold anyway though, and also subscribe to "If you're cold, ski harder!". The side vents are also great for when it does get hot in late season (just don't fall over if you have them open Shocked ).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
GrahamN, Hello GrahamN,
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GrahamN wrote:
The side vents are also great for when it does get hot in late season (just don't fall over if you have them open Shocked ).

Ah yes. Shocked (or if you have hairy legs, be carefuly when zipping them up)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GrahamN, yes they are North Face. They don't have a zip down the side but seem pretty well put together I liked the fact that they weren't bulky. Will stick my thermals underneath and when the need arises I will ski harder Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wear The Fox Hat, ouch! Shocked
ski holidays
Sparkygirl wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, ouch! Shocked

You could always shave your legs!
snow report
Just get some non insulated ones and then when you wake up in the morning, you don't have to bother changing out of ur pyjamas ;D
ski holidays
...and a very good day to you too, SMALLZOOKEEPER. PM should be on its way soon.
latest report
Jono, good idea
snow report
Sparkygirl,

Only you can know how cold you get. I have a very light fleece lining on mine which take the nip off the shell materiaql against the skin. I find thermals too much on a double ski and can't believe anyone should need the heavy insulated type...

It depends on what you want to carry but if the pants are good I can't see why you should want TSB... a decent pair of silk type undertrousers should be more than enough with a shell only pant IMV.

Side vents for ventilation are good as well.

Nice bums in pants is the look we want all season...!!! Laughing
latest report
JT, so you're into ski bums.

Have you tried Natives?
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
I might just have them on with nothing underneath.

you are not Scottish are you?
latest report
davidof, nope. Irish thoroughbred.
ski holidays
marc gledhill,

Laughing errr...no..!! but I think women trying not to make their bums look big in kit is the way forward, for sure Laughing
latest report
JT wrote:
can't believe anyone should need the heavy insulated type...

It depends on what you want to carry but if the pants are good I can't see why you should want TSB...

Not everyone is the same as you, believe it or not! Laughing
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, are you sure

JT wrote:
.... I think women trying not to make their bums look big in kit is the way forward,

wink
ski holidays
marc gledhill, it depends - does your wife think you are a bum?
ski holidays
Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mine are insulated so i can wear my Ann Summers Parrot thong underneath - the ladies love it!

A
snow report
adam_button, Ooeerrrrr Shocked
snow report
adam_button, is it a parrot or a cockatoo?
ski holidays
Cocka what?, its too darn cold for that malarky! only out at night, c*&kturnal (sorry)

A
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy