Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do you reckon this skier has got restricted vision?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Helen, she's back in competition now, took some time off to have a baby.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David@traxvax wrote:
It's definitely a Skiwal, and David's right they really rip. If you want to learn to ride one come to La Rosiere, one of the instructors is the current French champion and the ex-European champion. There are regular Skiwal competions through the season, so they are a fairly regular sight around the slopes.

I disagree, I think that the guy you see in the first picture of this topic is riding an alpine snowboard -maybe expressly- designed for KL (look at the helmet, that5's a KL helmet, and the hands/arms position is an attempt to reach max penetration into the air).
The hard boots he's wearing are alpine snowboard boots, and the relative position of the bindings on the board do not let me think that the board could be a skwal, afaics from other pics, skwal are sensibly narrower across, the guy's feet are not aligned with the direction of travel but skewed, again, like an alpine snowboarder. Cheers, Matt
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sqwals fail to meet design restrictions for alpine race boards (ie. mimimum waist width, others?). At one point alpine snowboards got too narrow according to the powers that be. As in alpine ski racing, limits were put on the dimensions allowed in competition, for whatever reason. I think its reasonable to do so, to keep it snowboarding, not some guys on one ski. Teleboard also too narrow to qualify as snowboard. I have described mine as a nordic monoski, but it's really a nordic sqwal, and it is a blast, very carvy and fast.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Matty, I agree, this guy looks like he's going for the snowboard speed record.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead DCGaper!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you, PG. I found snowHeads from your posting at Epicski.com about grass skiing. I grass skied at Bryce USA yesterday. It was, um, different. Might do some more, but I think it needs some new technology. Its kind of too funky to catch on in USA. Thanks though for your encouragement to try that. It was a valuable experience for me. And thanks to Horst Locher at Bryce for keeping grass skiing alive in USA.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DCGaper, Yes you're quite right about "new technology". The current ski is not sufficiently 'user-friendly', and needs to be developed into something that can be far more eaily maintained, and sold across the counter. The FIS Grass Ski Commission president was explaining to us at a race in the Czech Republic a year ago how all this was on the cards, how a major alpine ski manufacturer was interested in producing a new line, but I'll believe it when I see it....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy