Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

buying twin tip skis, help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey

i am a 16 year old male and i am looking to buy a pair of twin tip skis. i rented a pair of old salomons that were 148 cm but i think they are too small. i weigh 120lbs and i am 65 inches tall. if anyone has any ideas on what i should buy or what size or anything, i would really appreciate it.

thanks,
~alex~
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lakai7, welcome to snowHead!

Can you give us a little bit more information?
What sort of skiing do you like to do?
How good a skier are you?
How long have you been skiing?
Where have you been skiing?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
148 sounds pretty short to me even at your weight, and you are still growing so you will want something a little longer, probably around 160cm if not bigger. The skis that really come to mind are Dynastar Troublemakers and Salomon teneighty Thrusters, given your weight. However it would be helpful if like WTFH has suggested, you provide a bit more info on your ability. Are they going to be used just in the park or a bit of off-piste and groomers or a combination of all three.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
well, i've been skiing since i was about 8 and it is my favorite thing to do. but i've never owned my own pair, i always rented from the mountain. i live in New Jersey so the skiing isn't the best, but i deal with it, ill take what ever i can get. i have gone to vermonbt and iontend to go back. I really would love to go to a unoiversity there. anyway, i consider myself an expert. ill go down pretty much any slope on the mountain, but a double black in jersey is like a blue in vermont.

it wasnt until about 2 or three years ago when i found out about twin tips and started to hit kickers and table tops. two seasons ago i rented the pair of 148 cm salomon teneighty twin tips that i really got into it.

when i go to the mountain i tend to go everywhere, mostly the terrain parks. i have been looking at Line Invaders, but there mini's like 153cm, but from what Edmund said, that may be too small...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think line had some quality issues with the invaders in recent years. I'm sure I heard about the topsheet delaminating alot. I think something like a 165 troublemaker should suit you fine. You have to remember that twin tips should be skied that bit longer because less of the ski is in contact with the snow. 161 teneighty thrusters are also an option but may be too short if you want soemthing that you can grow into.
try backcountry.com and proctorjones.com and d-structure (sorry no web address) for deals on twins. Some people may suggest k2 public enemys but I think you'd find them a bit heavy. I think newschoolers.com (forums) would provide you with the best info on choices available to you. I only have 30lbs on you and I ski a 178 scott p3. They do a 168 too. Though they are less popular in the US than in Europe but I think thats about to change. I did orignally start with 163 triplets (atomic) and found them way too short and didn't really inspire confidence at speed so I know what its like to go too short. I hope you find what you're looking for.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy