Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la plagne 1800

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi have booked a stay in plagne 1800, any tips of any description for my stay ???? bars,eating places , clubs or piste tips???? anything would help many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1800 is the quiet end of the resort, just a couple of bars and restaurants. One 4 man chair out of the village to Aime la Plagne where you can ski across to Plagne Centre or down to Montalbert(?) or take the bus to Plagne Centre. Stayed in a Silver Ski chalet a couple of years ago and had a great time. Was able to ski in & out for all but the last couple of days (it was Easter).

IMO La Plagne generally is not great for wild nights out or Apres. It is largely centred around self/chalet catering for families. The skiiing tho'was great through the whole area. If you manage to ski it out then you can always get the Gondola to Les Arc.

Have a great time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Big tip no. 1 - get up early or late but nothing in-between because you will be dependant on one lift, like a lot of other people.

Other than that it is very (very) quiet in 1800 so a walk up to Plagne Centre for the bars and restaurants.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks for the info....roughly how long a walk is it to plagne centre???
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bladebasher, dunno since I'm a repeat visitor to Belle Plagne - the highest and most architecturally appealing bit of LP (not saying much... I know ) but there is a bus service round all the lower purpose-built bits. No idea what Plagne Centre is like of an evening but it can be a bit of a trudge midday if you are trying to ski/slide through it to other bits of the domaine. Frankly, flat as a pancake.

Having said all that, the overall area available and variety of terrain are likely to give you great holiday. If, like me, you are happy with one decent eatery and one acceptable bar within range, you are unlikely to be disappointed. If you need more scope, buy a T.O. rep a few drinkies and sound him/her out.

Whack 'La and Plagne' into the site's search engine for more......

Have a good one
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bladebasher wrote:
thanks for the info....roughly how long a walk is it to plagne centre???

No need to walk to go to Plagne Centre. You have a free bus. But If you want to walk, 30 minutes on the road (...), I think...

RG
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy