Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fire alarm closes Channel Tunnel

Poster: A snowHead
Smoke on a freight train has caused one bore of the Channel Tunnel to be closed...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/5271784.stm
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Traffic still backed up on the M20 as I speak.....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, lucky it is today and not Wednesday Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mouth, Umm!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It would never happen in Holland.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ben wright wrote:

Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
bore of the Channel Tunnel

I met him. I had to move to the next carriage.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good job I made it through 12 hours ahead of the train I'd booked....otherwise I might still be waiting for a ferry!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ben wright,
Quote:
There's a reason for that. The reason is that the entire Dutch nation is en-route to Italy and every single one of the f*ckers is on the Autobahn somewhere between Munich and Salzburg (or Innsbruck) and has got a caravan attached his car. In a couple of weeks the entire Dutch nation will be headed back the other way and every single one of the f*ckers will still have a caravan and will still be causing 150Km long traffic jams between Salzburg ( or Innsbruck ) and Munich ( I don't care what happens to them after that).
Bring on motorway tolls is all I can say. Be unfair. Make the b*stards pay. Through the nose. In fact through every orifice they possess... Graaaah.

P.S don't get me started on the subject of the Dutch and winter tires and when do we need snowchains..... Mad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mike Lawrie, tell us all about the Dutch, winter tyres and snowchains, I think there's a tale in there somewhere. Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FenlandSkier, I think it's because the Dutch don't need snow tyres on their caravans Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mike Lawrie wrote:

Bring on motorway tolls is all I can say. Be unfair. Make the b*stards pay. Through the nose. In fact through every orifice they possess... Graaaah.

Make them pay by the 4th option then Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FenlandSkier, Laughing Laughing Shocked

I hope that was photo shopped Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ben wright,

Very Happy

We just get Tunnels filled with water !
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FenlandSkier, Very Happy
The thing with snow chains is that generally you don't need them. You definitely don't need them when driving down the motorway from Munich to Innsbruck. In fact I've only ever had to use them twice in twenty years ( and that was on the Julier pass going from Chur to St.Moritz). What you definitely do need is winter tires though. For some reason we get a lot of Dutch drivers here who hit the outskirts of Munich with their summer tires and discover oopsie woops this white stuff's all slippery, best stop in the middle of the road here and put on my snow chains Evil or Very Mad Then proceed to drive the whole way from Munich to the other side of the Brenner with snow chains on Puzzled
latest report
David Goldsmith wrote:
Quote:
bore of the Channel Tunnel

I met him. I had to move to the next carriage.

aka Tamsin Conditions wink
latest report
Its all over now Very Happy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/5273450.stm
snow report
Make them pay by the 4th option then Very Happy Very Happy[/quote]

Is the sign for real? I've heard about the French, but the Dutch too? Puzzled
latest report
was caught up in this lst Monday evening, 4 hour delay, thankfully my little one was asleep throughout. We'd been on a day trip to restock the wine and cheese levels snowHead

ZERO info on the French side where we were stuck, the Police just coned off the entry/exit slips to the tunnel... If you happen to get stuck that side, try and tune in to BBC Kent radio or Invicta as you will at least get some updates.

The tunnel still smelt really badly of smoke when we came back through but glad no one was hurt etc...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy