Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski trikke

Poster: A snowHead
These look like fun ski trikke
has anybody tried one ? snowHead Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks good fun but

Quote:
Rider Weight Limit: 251 lbs

not a lardy toy!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Odin, and so what exactly do you do when something goes a little "tits up"? I am afraid, like ski bikes, a recipe for disaster
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Murdoch,
Quote:

Odin, and so what exactly do you do when something goes a little "tits up"?

usually I deny all knowledge or involvement !! Laughing

But i do see your point.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Odin, "no, no, no, wasn't me on that funny contraption over there, must have been some other one eyed, crow-toting, norse All-Father. Oi! Loki, you been up to mischief again?"
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There was something similar to this on a previous series of Dragons' Den, which, if I remember rightly, Rachel Elnor invested in.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Saw a number of these in Valmorel back in April(along with ski bikes).Have to say I saw no one really get to grips with them.What happens when it all goes "tits up"?
You go one way,and the trike another................if you're lucky Crying or Very sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Seen the ski scooter in action at Sierra at Tahoe, a few of the lifties/instructors were riding them, mogul fields included - didn't look that hard just don't let go of the bars & uses a wrist leash.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is this the same contraption that got funding from the people of "The Dragon's Den" on the BBC? there was certainly something similar that got some money
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have to say they look slightly less leathal that the ski scooters Puzzled Still don't think I would be risking life and limb to have a go though....would rather stick to my lovely skis anyday!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What about runaway saftey devices ? They look as dangerous as sitdown skidoos & shouldnt be used on Public Pistes.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
looks like a pair of blades with the equivalent of a fairy wheel and bars at the front. Can't see the point.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks a bit naff - and what's the point?? Wouldn't fancy falling onto those handlebars.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Caspar, Sage,
Quote:

what's the point??

FUN !! NehNeh
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Odin, Fun for the surgeon stitching your goolies back on. Shocked Shocked
snow report
Shocked
ski holidays
It's not the same as the thing on dragons den. I own the original version of this designed for the road, it's great fun and you can make deep carves. As to it being like a skidoo, coem on? It weighs no where near as much and when not supported automatically falls over and thus stops, hence it's quite safe. What annoys me is that people here are so reluctant to diverge from skis and try other means of going downhill fast. I can assure you, skis are overated, both this and skiboards are much more more fun.
ski holidays
See, at least someone else is brave enough to have fun !
good on you lapalma, snowHead
ski holidays
Odin wrote:
These look like fun ski trikke
has anybody tried one ? snowHead Laughing

Ah yes "The Trikke". I discovered Cool the road version of this in Halfords one afternoon in the summer of 2004...BUT my wife wouldn't let me buy one. I managed to "acquire" one from the importers. They are amazing things...the closest sensation to skiing (even compared to in-line skates) and safer due built-in brakes....and thoroughly recommended.

However, one word of caution: "Achilles". Although the Trikke feels very much like the sensation of carving a ski through a turn, the user does not have the benefit of a rigid plastic boot against which to lever the ski. Consequently, this force must be transferred though the user's Achilles tendon. PLEASE, if whilst using one of these devices your Achilles tendons should become sore (and you are above about 21years of age)....STOP. I didn't. And my Achilles tendon snapped with a sickening "thud" Shocked . The tendon was ripped out of the muscle at the proximal end and (it transpired) snapped at the (more traditional) distal end. Two casts, a tendon graft and reconstruction later...and no, my wife still has no sympathy!

Still, I'd love a go on the snow version!! Razz

Ps. The good news is that even without a functioning Achilles, you can still ski very fast (I got my current record 241.45kph in 2005...before the reconstruction!)
snow report
Quote:

And my Achilles tendon snapped with a sickening "thud" . The tendon was ripped out of the muscle at the proximal end and (it transpired) snapped at the (more traditional) distal end. Two casts, a tendon graft and reconstruction later...and no, my wife still has no sympathy!

Shocked Arghhh, that's horrible!!! Shocked

Do you still get any pain from it ? - I sprained my Achilles in Feb and it still hurts, but I bet nothing like yours did.

snowHead
snow conditions
Sage wrote:
Quote:

And my Achilles tendon snapped with a sickening "thud" . The tendon was ripped out of the muscle at the proximal end and (it transpired) snapped at the (more traditional) distal end. Two casts, a tendon graft and reconstruction later...and no, my wife still has no sympathy!

Shocked Arghhh, that's horrible!!! Shocked

Do you still get any pain from it ? - I sprained my Achilles in Feb and it still hurts, but I bet nothing like yours did.

snowHead

No pain but the function still isn't 100%; a year after the original injury, they shortened the tendon by about 2.5cm. It's taken a while to get the muscles to re-adapt and it appears to still be an ongoing process.

If yours is still painful, there's some useful advice on the web; be aware of the difference between what is commonly refered to as "tendonitis" and tendonosis...the temptation just to self-medicate with NSAIDs does not aid the healing process and is probably harmful to the tendon.

My advice would be routine stretching and cross-friction rubbing and ice for the pain, rather than 'brufen etc. One of the problems with Achilles injuries is blood flow so ice/friction should assist that aspect.

Most of all...look after it! Trust me, you really don't want it to let go completely!

Ps. I'm an academic (not medical) doctor so this advice is based on experience rather than clinical training!
snow conditions
Quote:

My advice would be routine stretching and cross-friction rubbing and ice for the pain, rather than 'brufen etc. One of the problems with Achilles injuries is blood flow so ice/friction should assist that aspect.

Thanks for the advice - my doctor told me about the lack of blood flow to tendons resulting in a slow healing process.

I sprained just about all the other tendons in my ankle at the same time (bindings a bit too tight coupled with a twisting fall) which is probably why I'm still getting some pain.

I'll just need to keep the stretches going. Smile

snowHead
ski holidays
lapalma wrote:
It's not the same as the thing on dragons den. I own the original version of this designed for the road, it's great fun and you can make deep carves. As to it being like a skidoo, coem on? It weighs no where near as much and when not supported automatically falls over and thus stops, hence it's quite safe. What annoys me is that people here are so reluctant to diverge from skis and try other means of going downhill fast. I can assure you, skis are overated, both this and skiboards are much more more fun.

My questions would be:

1) How do you handle them on a ski lift or drag lift Shocked ?

2) What happens when you hit bumps and go airborne?

3) How do you cope with monoboarders laughing at you for looking like a pillock? Laughing
ski holidays
Check their website: http://www.trikke-europe.com/skki Shocked

GrtZ
snow conditions
dutchtrikker, Whoo Hooo !
Now if only they did 'em in Black !! Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy