Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes - new developments

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.ski-tignes.com/images/Plan%20neige.jpg

A detailed plan and description of all the planned additions/upgrades in the Tignes domain over the next few seasons....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The construction of the new "Aquatic Leisure Centre" is also under way, by the lake.

Summer visitors with kids can also try out the new adventure park in Les Brévières...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Its interesting to see the plans going out over several years - I wonder if we'll get such detail from Tourist Offices when it comes to e-mailing them...

Is a teleski a drag lift?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ian Hopkinson wrote:
Is a teleski a drag lift?
- Yes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What's a telesiege debrayable? I know its a chair lift but what does debrayable mean?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As opposed to a telesiege which is a chair lift. And a telecabin is a gondola or bigger.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
means it is demountable as far as I can remember, so it can be slow loading - fast moving, if that makes sense
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
homphomp wrote:
What's a telesiege debrayable? I know its a chair lift but what does debrayable mean?

I'm pretty sure it means 'demountable' - the chairs slow down for boarding and offloading but the wire runs much faster for the ride. Some of the newer French 6 pack chairs can go eyewateringly fast, with tremendous uplift capacity but are freezing cold on a bad day. A few in exposed areas have transparent 'wind-shields'. I can remember at least one of these in Tignes

<<< Edit - posts above got out-of-sequence but I think we've got all the answers now >>>>>
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Replacement of the Tufs chair can't come soon enough in my opinion. Had the worst chairlift journey of my life on this rickety old thing last December. In good conditions it is an unpleasantly long ride, but on this occasion the wind was howling and it was bitterly cold. At one point I thought the chairs were going to be blown off the cable. Never have I been so pleased to get off a lift as I was on that day!

Regards

Rob
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob, 5 years to wait though! Stick to Les Arcs in the meantime Wink .

When's your trip over? Are you driving down?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Pete

It will be a long wait, and with our apartment in Les Arcs nearly finished I'll only ski in Tignes out of season. Fortunately there's lots of new development in Les Arcs to look forward to as well!

It's looking less likely that I'm going to be in BSM/Les Arcs this summer as I've got a couple of business trips to the US which will take up too much time. My next visit will be in November (I'm in Tignes for a week's 'race training') so I'll pop down to Les Arcs to see how the building on our new apartment is progressing. BTW, if you're up at 1800 at any time could you take a photo of the MGM contruction at Alpage du Chantel. We're interested to see how things are progressing there.

Regards

Rob
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy