Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Finland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi.

I am new here and never been skiing before.

We are looking at finland, here:

http://www.isosyote.fi/?deptid=10009

What do you think? Is the skiing good?

Thanks.[/url]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TheOtherMe, No idea, but this area is OK for a slide (and you can see Santa)

http://www.levi.fi/pages/index.php?id=1&language=eng

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
TheOtherMe, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

net_masters has been to Finland and skied at Ruka, report here. I've not skied in Finland, so not much help on the specifics...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TheOtherMe, Welcome to Snowheads.

Your choice is certainly different. I have never been there, or even heard of it.

In general, Scandinavia is colder than the Alps for much of the Winter and darker - although your resort boasts floodlight skiing. Later in the season may be better.

As a beginner, tuition will be particularly important. Unless you speak the language, you need to check for English instruction. A class in Finnish with the occasional translation could be frustrating.

Alcohol can be expensive in Scandinavian countries - if that is important to you.

23km is not a huge amount of piste but it is probably OK for absolute beginners (that was just the floodlit piste - there may be more that is not lit).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Everyone.

The reson we are looking at is because its resonable and the northan lights sounds nice.

we are planning to go in Jan or March, do you think that would be a good time?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
TheOtherMe, I would think that in January the daylight hours are very short indeed. I did Norway in January and there were only about 6 or so and most of the Finnish resorts are further north.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TheOtherMe, March for skiing in daylight, and its a little warmer.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TheOtherMe, unusual choice for a first ski hol though not an unreasonable one if you know what you're getting, however not the best time for the Northern Lights I'm afraid
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy