Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I am new in the forum.
I am of Catalunya in the NE of Spain.
I ski in the Pyrenees.

A photo of welcome; of the Pica d'Estats (3143m) in the Catalan Pyrenee.
It's taken yesterday after a good snowfall over 2400m

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 18-08-06 17:14; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
metalhead132, welcome to snowHeads snowHead . Lovely picture.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
metalhead132, Welcome to Snowheads snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to snowHead metalhead132, that must be the prettiest first post we've had here.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
great to see the mountains with some fresh snow on, thanks and welcome. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you all!! Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
metalhead132, Again, welcome to Snowheads. I have several students from around your part of the world, and they all tell me the skiing (especially off piste) is really nice there. Your photo is really great. Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hola amigo! bienvenido Smile

or should I say Benvinguts
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Buenos dias e bienvenida a snowHead , metalhead132 Embarassed Embarassed

Great photo.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
metalhead132, i think i've passed through Manresa, between Barcelona and Font Romeu?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
metalhead132, Welcome to snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

metalhead132, i think i've passed through Manresa, between Barcelona and Font Romeu?

Yes, Manresa is 60km north of barcelona, and 100km south of Pyrenees.

Quote:

Hola amigo! bienvenido
or should I say Benvinguts

Benvinguts wink wink , we speak catalan here.

Quote:

Again, welcome to Snowheads. I have several students from around your part of the world, and they all tell me the skiing (especially off piste) is really nice there. Your photo is really great.

Are you language teacher?? Because I need english lessons urgently Laughing Laughing Laughing
There are many ski resorts here, and good snow often. I can give to you some information about skiing here; snow reports, the best resorts, etc etc
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
metalhead132, Welcome Cool

Good photograph, wish i was there !! snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Odin, So do we wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, Frosty, are you a member of Dromara CC? If not, your doppleganger is a posting on their website.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, If you organise a whip round I would gladly go. snowHead

Or
I'd settle for just the whip !! wink
ski holidays
metalhead132, We would love to have regular reports from you, and if you come to Snowheads often enough you will learn how NOT to write English!! wink
ski holidays
easiski, lol

And good to see you here metalhead132 snowHead
snow conditions
Easiski Laughing Laughing

You will have the reports when the season begins
Only 4 month to come Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
latest report
metalhead132, Nearer than the end of last season though!
snow report
A very big welcome to you.
snow report
metalhead132, I've got a mate going out to that area in early December: are any of the resorts east of Andorra likely to have snow? Are they usually open in the first week of December? Does the french side (Font Romeu etc) do any better that early in season? Thanks.
ski holidays
the ice perv, depends of the year; every season is different. Last season the open day were on early December (in the catalan side, on last novembre). Two seasons ago I began to ski on 17th of Novembre in Ax-Les Thermes (very good resort, north of Andorra....15km +-).
I will keep you informed
latest report
metalhead132, hi there, love the pic Very Happy
snow conditions
Thanks metalhead132, British skiers tend to head towards the alps so the more information you give us the better. Very Happy
ski holidays
One question:
There is a place to put articles i photos?
Because I go usually to the mountain in summer (treekking); and I have a lot of photos etc etc.
ski holidays
metalhead132, Yes - you can login to the snowMedia Zone and upload your photos there. Use the menu titled "snowbase" under the picture at the top of the page, then click snowMedia Zone. You will have to sign in etc. the first time, but then you can upload lots of photos and look at others. Every Snowhead can have a personal album there. If any moderators have a better explanation please correct me.
ski holidays
ok. wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easyski
I visit your webpage!! You are ski teacher xDDD (I thought you were language teacher Laughing Laughing Laughing )

I was in Deux Alps 3 years ago, a good resort. But in december there was lack of snow. And I think Deux Alps is not one of top alpine resorts (Like St Anton, Space Killy, Zermatt, etc) , it's comparable with the largest resorts in Pyrenees for size (although the vertical drop is bigger).
latest report
metalhead132, Ah - that was the very odd year when it didn't snow at all in the autumn! Shocked this has only happened once in living memory, which was that year. It's tough that you came then! Last year we had fabulous powder conditions for all of December (no base, but very light powder). Lots of rich, snobby people go to the resorts you mentioned. We mostly just get nice ordinary people who like to ski! We like it like that, but with the second biggest verticle drop in the world (lift served and pisted) and 35,000 beds we are pretty big! There is also more off piste than on piste skiing, and an almost infinite number of black routes you can take all over the place which are not marked. Sadly you will have missed all that. You'll have to come again (late April is good) another year and try our "real" skiing!

Thanks for looking at the website BTW. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy