Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saas Fee - September 16-23rd - Warren Smith Ski Academy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all

I am about to book into a course with Warren Smith Ski Academy for the week of the 16th to 23rd September.

Does anyone have any comments about the snow/course at this time of year. It seems that it is likely the snow won't be great but good enough for the course. I guess you just have to get lucky and hope that you get a dump before you get there - that seemed to happen for most of the season last year in France!

Anyway, I guess what I am asking is whether anyone would strongly advise against going at this time?! Otherwise, I am just gonna go ahead and book.

Any comments great appreciated!

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hi

I am booked onto the 9-16th course and it looks like it is going to be a good week. They have had lots of snow and I spoke to Warren last week and he said that conditions are great. Visit www.saas-fee.ch and take a look also look at www.snow-forecast.com and check out the weather reports. Another snowhead also recently posted some pics from a couple of weekends ago.

There are also lots of positive reviews on here from people who have been on one of Warren's courses.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm also going on the 9th-16th course - will see you there Sparkygirl! I love the way they refer to it as a 'Ski Camp' - makes me feel like a serious skier, getting down to some pre-season race training!

snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I shouldn't worry RowFlow, the conditions in September have usually been more reliable that the early season Verbier conditions from what I hear. The only downer on our course was that high winds can stop the cable car running.

I'd throroughly recommend the course - the instruction is excellent and it's unfailingly packed with nice people.

A couple of top tips if you've not been before:

There's nothing on the glacier and Warren does like to make full use of the day - take a water pack and something to munch on the T bar.

Anyone who's used to the standard motivational technique of the old s**t sandwich - "tell em what's good", "tell em what's bad", "reinforce what's good" - may be somewhat alarmed with Warren's "Atkins" compliant feedback. He leaves out the "bread" bit. So don't be alarmed that he tells it you how it is. I think his view is that you're there to improve and if you don't try then it's his job to tell you. And tell you he will.

Warren's version of praise is not saying something. You may get an approving nod if you're lucky.

Having said all that, he is very good at spotting when people are trying. And he's probably the best ski instructor I've had in terms of knowing what he wants to get out of people.

Oh, and some very high sun factor cream. I got burnt to a nice lobster crisp. Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy