Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cairngorm website

Poster: A snowHead
It has been discussed on the Scottish websites but what do you think of the new Cairngorm website?
www.cairngormmountain.org.uk
It does look very “pretty” but to my mind-and others-it appears like it should be a feature of a larger website.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any website that greets it's users with "Loading..." is usually going to be a let down. Sad
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It looks a bit gray to me.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Much better than the last effort, but I also hate the "loading" messages.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pretty, but too slow. Once I'm on a site, I want a click to bring instant info, not a segway(?) into a nice piccy and then the info.
snow report
 brian
brian
Aaaarggghh, it's all flash Evil or Very Mad

Scrolling doesn't work in firefox Evil or Very Mad

Looks nice, but usability wise, total cack Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I quite like it.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brian, What do you mean? I can scroll in Firefox. Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Visually it looks ok but it is just too slow. Even running with 2Mb broadband (Not the fastest i know) it was way too slow.

Can't stand those stupid 'loading' bar thingies either. Mad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks nice but seems a little badly designed. Our IA guys here would have a field day with it I suspect!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stocky, When I go back to the UK I have to put up with 28,800 dial-up! I avoid all Flash sites if I can then. LDA site is not dissimilar, but does give you a choice of Flash or html - much better idea.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski wrote:
stocky, When I go back to the UK I have to put up with 28,800 dial-up! I avoid all Flash sites if I can then. LDA site is not dissimilar, but does give you a choice of Flash or html - much better idea.

I take it you have to fire up the steam generator to get it working first wink

I agree with offering Flash or HTML versions, especially for thos running at slower speeds.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
easiski, ok, it was just my window size being a bit small, for some reason no scrollbar appeared so I couldn't see the down scroll arrow.

The photography is lovely but the clever fading grates after a couple of clicks.

Hope they've got a more ski oriented front page for winter.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
needs speeding up. I kept wanting to shout 'I KNOW YOU'RE F~~KING LOADING !!' at the screen. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
they did have a "winter" and "summer" split on their old website so one would hope the same will happen come November.
snow report
Yuk. Flash forced on the home page. Nice pic, though.
snow conditions
stocky, No - it's hand operated. Shock
latest report
I think its quite nice with good pics although it seems to lack content. I mainly use it for the web cam. Didn't have any problems with it loading but then I have a 10Mb connection NehNeh .
latest report
Not sure how fast my connection is, but I have no problem with the speed. But it is not accessible in the sense that there is no way of scaling the text (might zoom in Opera, haven't checked). Looking at the source code, I'd say it would be useless for someone relying on a screen reader. Blind people do ski - and those who don't shouldn't be deprived of knowing what is going on.
ski holidays
Hmm. Wonder if overlays (trail map ONTO real world shot, arrows or highlighting of patrol locations in picture) would be sexier. Wouldn't help the blind.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy