Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What skis would you demo if you could?

Poster: A snowHead
OK - seriously now folks: following on from the short person thread. If you could demo any skis you liked in any length what would they be? I'll start:

1) Fischer race department WC SLs - love to get a shot on them - 155 natch
2)Stoekli Stormriders around 160-165 - never seen a pair
3) K2 Pontoons if they'd maker them around 170, just because they're so ridiculous! Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pontoons, Prophet 130s and Prior Doughboys

Of course you'd have to arrange a couple of feet of steep and deep powder for me to be able to test them properly wink

More realistically Atomic GS 11 & a couple more racestock GS skis for groomer days to see how badly they would bite me in the bum, Seths, Gotamas etc for everyday fun. All 180+
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scott p4. Armada ar6 (180 ish). k2 Ak enemy and compare it to a seth.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
disregard that post. ^ didn't really understand the threads purpose till now Embarassed . A pontoon in a 170 I think ur on to a winner there.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
With the exception of speed skis, here is my list:

Virus Conqueror 187
Virus Raptor 166
Snowrider 172 cm with Vist RItitanium plate
IDoneski MR-Se 182cm
Kneissl Super Moto
Lusti RT 165cm (11.4m radius)
RTC 48,58,68

Wonder if there's anything fun over at Quechua?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm hoping Elan will have their lovely GS and SL skis at the PSB, and I'd also like to try the current Stoeckli race line up.

More adventurously, Stormrider XLs (in a sensible length) and DP Pros (in a completely non-sensical length, maybe 201s?)

Also Movement Demon Flames and I really would like to see whether Rossi's Mutix concept works...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I liked the Elan SLX type skis of a couple of years ago so I'd also like a go on their current race skis, or rather punter race skis.

Stockli Snake BC
K2 Outlaw
Scott Mission 2007

all 180 plus, and a few others which I will get back to you on..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DP Lotus 120 and 138
PM Gear Bro Model 179cm (to see if it's the answer for touring)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stöckli is the one brand for which I have no problem with availability Wink

If they had been available last season I'd have liked to try:

Head Wild Thang (156/160 ish) (not available at all - bought the Monster 72 in a 156 instead because they were actually available to test AND in the right size)
Head Fast Thang (155/160) (ended up taking a punt on a 155 at a price that means I won't be out of piocket if I don't like them)
Head Supershape (155) - nothing shorter than 170 available
Fischer Vision 50
Fischer Race SC and/or WC SC just for a laff (155)
Fischer AMC 73
(all the Fischers were available to buy but not to demo at all except a WC SC in a 170 Confused)
Atomic Balanze 11

What I DID manage to test:
Völkl AC3 - boring
Kneissl Power Glide? - we agreed to disagree!
(I reviewed these 2 on here along with the iM72)
K2 Sweet Luv 160 (def a beginner's ski, but v good for what it is I thought)
K2 Burnin' Luv 160 - v capable on piste but didn't fall in love with it; noticed the transition from groomed to crud/powder
Dynastar Exclusive Carve 160? - think this pair's camber was knackered, had no ice grip or response whatsoever
Salomon Rush 7 160? - appalling at anything over walking pace, didn't trust the things at all, total noodles that wobbled all over the place
Völkl 5* 161 - worst experience ever on skis, totally uncontrollable, couldn't turn or stop them, scared me silly, possible fully tuned? I'm officially not allowed to test skis again after my experience on these Wink

At the PSB I'm looking forward to having a play on my Fast Thangs and wouldn't mind trying (if available, and bearing in mind conditions won't be ideal):

K2 Phat Luv (160, maybe 167)
Head Sweet Fat Thang (similar dimensions)
Any other fatties suggested

A lot of the list comprises women's skis but that's mostly curiosity. I can't actually say whether I think they're good or bad because the only ones I've ever been on are a Sweet Luv which I outskied and a Burnin' Luv which I liked but didn't have the "gotta have this ski" that the Monster did, although it was probably the 2nd best ski I skied last year (I don't count the Dynastar coz I think it was dead so not a fair comparison). If I go by the weight alone, the Fast Thang is going to save me a lot of energy, not on the slopes but simply carting it around. I have an extra handicap in that Mr Eng is v tall and crowds open like the Red Sea for him - and close behind him in front of me as if I were Pharaoah!! So I end up spending all my time at lifts walking through and around people and end up walking 3 times as far as Mr Eng does, so any weight advantage that stops me being knackered before I even get on the slope is a Good Thing!

(Oh dear, verbal diarrhoea strikes again)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm thinking the K2 phat luv, because I think its time for me to give a woman specific ski a fair shake.
Fox already convinced me to buy the Burnin Luv wink

The pontoon would be fun to demo, just because it's so rediculous but I doubt I could demo it without dislocating a hip rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd have loved to try the pontoons if there'd been any depth of fresh snow off-piste at the EoSB, as it was I tried just about everything up to their size, including the ridiculous Blue Zags with the man with the moustache on them. Would also like to try some B3s, Seth Vicious, both around the 180-185 mark, also some B2s at 185 or thereabouts. Also something a bit more race specific.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Metron B5, in various lengths, to see what all the fuss is about.

Then nearly everything else that was offered.

I would be better able to answer this when I see the magazine recommendations for next year's skis.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SKI TESTING

was in Ellis Brigham today. Has anyone else heard about this 'Ski Test Tour'. Any other Snowheads going along. Apparently they are running tests at all the snowdomes. Apparently all UK maufacturers are going to be there not just the ones EB stock. So i think i will be testing the new Salomon race skis. Ive heard there much better this year.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Latchigo, ?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Viceversa wrote:
all UK maufacturers

?

parlor?

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 15-08-06 12:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
comprex, Laughing
snow report
comprex, not this summer Crying or Very sad but one day Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
latest report
Latchigo wrote:
Metron B5, in various lengths, to see what all the fuss is about.

Cool. Remember to ski it short!
ski holidays
Viceversa wrote:
SKI TESTING

was in Ellis Brigham today. Has anyone else heard about this 'Ski Test Tour'. Any other Snowheads going along. Apparently they are running tests at all the snowdomes. Apparently all UK maufacturers are going to be there not just the ones EB stock. So i think i will be testing the new Salomon race skis. Ive heard there much better this year.

MK on Sat 2nd Sept. Castleford on Sat 9th Sept. £30 for three hours.
latest report
6 September, Tamworth Snowdome, 7pm till 10pm. £28 for 3 hours.

This is a Ski Wednesday night, so no boarders.
snow report
 brian
brian
.... and 30 September, Braehead Snozone, 10am till 4pm. £30 for 3 hours.
latest report
Would anybody like to start a separate thread for the EB Ski Tests at the snowdomes?
latest report
Rossignol Zenith 9 Oversize. They did not have them at Castleford earlier this month, but I saw a pair in S&R and they looked awesome.
snow report
Hoppo, Good idea. I might be able to get along to either/both MK and Tamworth as I shall (probably, and under duress) be back in the UK at that time. Very Happy

SnowHot, I should think you might be disappointed by the Phat Luv - very "lady-ish" and soft..

Let's have some more girls and small peple posting on this - i need ammunition if I'm going to get you what you want (or anywhere near it).
ski holidays
Peter B, That reminds me there was another Rossi at the 'Fall Line' tests that you could adjust to give different performances. I would not mind trying that either.
snow conditions
Latchigo, Mutix
snow report
Public Enemy, Karma and Movment Pow Swallow would also be on the list.
ski holidays
JT, Not elan? Oh well.

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
comprex,

Like their race oriented skis...and the promos look good as well

Don't those skis look..very straight..??
snow conditions
JT, straight is just fine. Junior sized only problem.
snow report
Apologies for the delay in doing this Easiski but I have been both working and skiing snowHead
Due to me being one of the "Short People" my list is long but I see this as possibly the best opportunity I have to try some of these ski's.
Looking at some of the manufacturers reviews may have led me to include some skis down that may be more advanced than my ability and also some that may be below my level but this will at least let myself and any other Little People that may be around have a good comparison.
There are also some ski's I have heard of and just fancy having a go on Laughing
I currently ski K2 Burning Luv's which I have skied on now for 22 days last season and I used them in MK Snozone yesterday and had a great couple of hours snowHead

K2 Lotta Luv 146/153
One Luv 153

Head
Hot Thang 149
Cool Thang 149

Rossignol
Bandit B2
B3 148/150

Solomon
Siam no 10 14
no 5 150 or<
If anybody has/knows some intermediate plateau skis that should be added to this list please free free to say Laughing
latest report
Dynastar XXL
Armarda ARG
K2 Pontoon
DP Lotus 138
Volkl Sumo 190
snow conditions
comprex, The girls don't look too jinior to me?

Anyway, I think those are jumping skis, no?
snow report
David Murdoch, What would Sophie like to test and in what lengths?

Linds, thank you. Very Happy
ski holidays
Linds, have you thought about adding the Head 'Wild Thang' to your list?

I would like to try:

Scott P3
K2 Apache Recon
Nordica Hot Rod Afterburner
Volkl AC4
Atomic Supercross B5

All around 170ish in length
snow report
I'd like to try

Elan WaveMagic 152cm
Head Wild Thang 156cm
Head Fast Thang 155cm
K2 Miss Demeanour 154
K2 Lotta Luv 153.
I would also like to try some skis that aren't for girlies, if they are short enough. Any suggestions?
snow report
Helen Beaumont, Perhaps we should have got together on this Laughing
SHello, I ski on 153's and did think about the Wild Thang but they only start at 156, wasnt sure if they would be too long?
However if Helen Beaumont, gets her wish list to try perhaps she will let me have a go on them Laughing

When it comes down to it if there are some shorter lenghts skis to try I will have a go on them Smile
snow conditions
easiski, that's a kind thought. I know she'd like to try the Elan FIS race skis SL 155cm & GS 180cm. If anyone else happened to have race skis there that might be fun. Also, she hired some Heads in Utah for hors piste that she liked - anything you'd recommend?

Cheers,

DM
snow conditions
Linds,

Wouldn't worry about 3 cms...!!! Laughing
snow conditions
SHello, Add the Metron B5 in 162 to your list.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy