Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Winter 2007: Zammo (additional quiver ski)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right then - recommendations required.

I have two pairs of skis which I really enjoy, a piste-oriented all mountain pair, and a fat pair.

This year I'm determined to stop being an old git and get in that park so I'm after a third pair of skis. They need to be cheap, cheerful and twin-tipped. I will be learning to hit rails on them so don't want to knacker my nice skis until I've established some sort of ability - I will also use them if I'm somewhere and conditions are v poor (rocky etc.)

I would prefer to buy something new but end-of-line or from last (or older?) season's catalogue. Any idea of retailers that might have old stock to get rid of?

Cheers

Zammo
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cheap twins?
Pepe Fujatifs.

You'll pick up a pair of last years ones for under 200 notes.

Check the german sites:
Ski Bilek
Sport Conrad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wear The Fox Hat, just checked the Sport Conrad site.

K2 Fuja's in 169 are EURO 190 which seems like a ridiculously cheap bargain Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
zammo, well, you said you wanted cheap!
Alternatively, go for a bit bigger/heavier/expensive with Public Enemies.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
or the Volkl Gotama from 04 / 05 for EURO 200.00 - perhaps I'll buy two pairs!! Cool
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
OK OK OK, lets be sensible here

Yes, the Fujatives are nice, but they are springy as hell and flap when you hit the rail, trust me been there done that.

Also, they are not a first time in the park twin.

Im not suggesting go blow your notes on PE's or Armada AR5's but if you want something fairly stiff, with enough flex for rails and pipe and CHEAP go get the Atomic urban triplets - 3 skis, 3 bindings - great if you break one and all for a smidge over £220 (www.filarinskis.co.uk) (If steve has any left)

My everyday on dry slope twins are Volkl Dogens, which you can also pick up cheap

I own :

Dynastar Troublemaker with Look P12 Jib
Volkl Dogen with Marker 12 Free
K2 Public Enemy with Rossignol Axial 1 120 Wide

I have ski'd on:

K2 Fujative with marker 12 Free
Atomic Urban Triplets with Atomic Bindings
Armada AR5, not sure what bindings now
Liberty Chopper with Liberty binding.

A
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.filarinskis.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=185_180&products_id=841&osCsid=89d6c081c1ab46d4570ca8bb828bcbe1

There ya go!

£199.50 spot on bargain spotter me
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
check out freeze-scotland.com they have some deals on the Volkl Dogen. Which is priced similarly to the fujative but stiffer. Also make sure you mount em nice and far forward probably core centre if they are going to be a pure park ski. I did have the atomic triplets but I don't think they had the build quality of the Volkls or k2s. I wouldnt bothere with the public enemys either thoguh but that is just my own personal taste. I do love the Scott p3 and I hear they stand up to alot of abuse but they are hard to get. I got mine from skibartlett.com (tel order) who also had many other twins tel: 020 8848 0040 or Soulx.com or filarinskis.co.uk .
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers guys - lots of useful suggestions. I'm going to look a right numpty alongside all the kids who can actually do this stuff, but I guess if you never try, you never know.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alot of places have specific beginner parks and if not, at least beginner rails and smaller kickers. It is only really a very small percentage of skiers that hit the biggest kickers and craziest rails. Plus a set of twins will enable you to ride switch competently.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zammo, if you're anywhere near an Xscape, just get along on one of the park nights, loads of progressive rails out, and generally lots of riders willing to help you out if you're new to them. Just ask and they will help!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pumba, I have a natural aversion to Xscape, sort of on principle but I guess you're right so perhaps I should give it a go.

Maybe a fellow snowHead 's presence might be a calming influence .... where are you based?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm up in beautiful North Yorks, but I won't be hitting Cas until October at the earliest, got a little trip to NZ to get out of the way first! Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy