Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stag Weekend

Poster: A snowHead
I'm trying to arrange a Stag weekend for March 2007 that will include 2 full days boarding/skiing.
Budget around £180pp for 10 people. Any ideas??
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Someone has to say it: Xscape, Milton Keynes

If £180 is supposed to cover everything ie travel, accommodation, food, booze, lift pass, equipment hire you're going to struggle IMO

Edit: it's a bit of a punt this far out but Scotland might be worth considering. You can get there by train and most Scots aren't shocked by the sight of people drinking too much wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe one of the more eastern ski areas ? Though I agree I think you will struggle for the budget
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If they already live near the resort, it's possible. Otherwise you'd be best to at least double your budget.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You might want to consider somewhere in Switzerland (Verbier possibly). Since you'll only be skiing for two days, you should be able to avail of the "Snow & Rail" ticket, which allows you to buy your lift pass and train ticket together, usually at a pretty substantial saving. Also, if there's a group of you, you may be able to get a further discount.

Verbier's a very lively resort, easily reachable by train from Geneva, and would be a good spot for a stag weekend.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmmm... a bottle of Vodka at the Farm would probably use their entire budget in one fell swoop!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ski w/end in Verbier for £180pp? Dream on!

olliew, I can't see you doing it within budget unless you go by coach. Check this lot out:

http://www.skiweekends.com/index.aspx

If you want everything including lift pass, meals etc for £180pp then you've no chance. Scotland is an option but the snow can be very iffy. If you go there with the attitude of having a laugh & a p1ss-up with a bit of skiing thrown in if conditions allow, then all well & good. If you want guaranteed snow forget it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I admit it would be a struggle to manage it on that budget. I was just pointing out that a weekend in Switzerland can be quite a bit cheaper than you'd imagine, given some of the special deals available on train and lift tickets.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
olliew, If you can get a cheap Ryanair flight to Grenoble (some are very cheap at the moment) then coming here might be an option, but you'd have to go self-catering I think on that sort of budget. That would be hard for 10 people. Try www.scuba-ski.com to see if they can do something for you. Alternatively there are a couple of hotels in Venosc (no discos or anything), but they might not like it if you're drinking a lot and disturb the other guests!

You should deffo be able to get 3 days skiing though. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flight for £80 (be prepared to fly back Monday daytime etc), Accomodation £25 a night each, £10 a day each for car hire. Just about possible excl food, beer, lift pass, ski hire etc. If its a staggie I'd reckon than some of the party won't manage full day passes both days.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
olliew,

I went to Krakow for a 2 day stag trip in March. Total cost £700. Better up your budget
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
olliew, I did Alpe D'Huez this March for a weekend for around that price:-

- £50 Ryanair return to Grenoble from Stansted
- Apartment booked on Expedia for £24 per night (would have slept 4)
- Local Bus return from airport to ADH around £15 - £20 or so
- Lift Pass about £25 a day
- Kit hire around £20 a day

comes in just under budget Very Happy .

However you probably need to budget at least as much again for drink (and perhaps even some food) for a stag weekend.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Stay at home. we do not like drunk Brits on the mainland.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You really pi$$ me off. A dutch guy I know said he prefers Drunk Brits in his bar to Drunk Dutchers ( just sounds right) as theyre less aggressive and arsey when drunk.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stanton,

We don't like drunk dutch men on the Islands
snow report
Nadenoodlee,

You read a few words & you have get annoyed. You can get free threrapy for that here Very Happy

I dont like Drunk Dutch either.

The reason Dutch bar owners like Drinking Brits is that they spend lots of money. Dutch Drinkers "go Dutch" and do not buy rounds or spend much in bars or anywhere in fact. We are old traders/beancounters & are tighter than the Scotish wink
ski holidays
stanton, im not annoyed, just relieved theres plenty of North sea between me and you.

Maybe if you stopped handing out free therapy you'd have some cash to sort out the sex trafficking issues you have.
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee,

Admittedly, Its got out of control in some areas. We are trying to clamp down here.. Rotterdam is the biggest port in world & we have got the most soffisticated detection equipment available but some traffciking folk beat the system. Apologies but, I think they will allways want to get to the Uk because the regualations & controls on the sex industry are non-exististent . Therefore it is really a problem with the UK to sort out.
snow conditions
Budget weekend...who's worse drunk brits or drunk dutch...comparisons on the UK's and the Netherlands treatment of sex workers...where next??
latest report
stanton, actually you raise a valid point, if prostitution was legalised in the UK it would be a heck of a lot easier to control as demonstrated in many countries
snow conditions
Thanks for all the helpfull stuff.

I found the comments about the Dutch and "the sex trade" particularly useful.

Olliew
ski holidays
olliew,

So where are you off to then?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy