Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Spam, Spam, Chips, Egg and Spam. FOOTWORKS BOOT RANGE 2006/7

Poster: A snowHead
List will appear October.

Nordica

Speedmachine 12

Speedmachine 10

Gran Sport 12

Doberman Aggressor

Hot Rod Top Fuel

Hot Rod Nitrous

Olympia SM10

Olympia SM8

Olympia GS10

Doberman Team

Lange

World Cup 150/130

World Cup Team

W/C Freeride

W/C Freeride lady

Exclusive FR100

Exclusive FR80

Salomon

Falcon 10

Falcon 9

Scarlet

Falcon 100T

Dalbello

Krypton Pro I.D.

Krypton Cross I.D.

Krypton Storm I.D.

Krypton Lotus

Atomic

X110

X100 lady

M90

M80 lady

Race Tec Ti 150

Race Tec Ti 100

Tecnica

Diablo Magma

Attiva Flame

Head

S13

S11

S11 lady

Garmont

Endorphine

Adrenaline

Xena

Ener-G

Elektra

Mega Ride

Scarpa

Tornado

Spirit 4

Spirit 3

Magic

T-Race

T1

T2X

Dynafit

Aero FR

Areo FR lady

That's it! All boots, if available are supplied with Thermo Liner Versions. Little Angel

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 11-09-06 11:53; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I could do with a new pair of boots soon...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
me too!

Whens the auction 13k ? wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wear The Fox Hat, boredsurfin, Rest assured, everything that we don't have is TOILET. Twisted Evil
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I'm currently in Tecnica Icon Alu Comps (28.5). I reckon I could go down to 27.5 in a better boot.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wear The Fox Hat, High instep, hammer toes? Give me your relaxed foot length and width in mm, try and straighten your foot without over supinating it. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER, perhaps later. Oh, and I have a narrow ankle (the Icon heel shims are great for holding my foot in place)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wear The Fox Hat, Sounds like another excuse for a weekend away during the season Very Happy Bootfitting with overnight accom, thrown in. Now that's a marketing idea. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is there a Travelodge in Bicester Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wear The Fox Hat, If it's possible to say............ Atomic M102 sounds good.
Similar shape to the ICON, narrower in the heel and throat of the boot without comprimising the instep hight, however the can be a little fragile for seasonaires or those skiing 40-100 days a year, so it helps to be near a shop like ours. Otherwise they ski real well have a great progressive flex and are a dream to work with. They do come up real short for size! Twisted Evil
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, You'd be welcome, you'll need an open mind! wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, maybe that's what we do - I bring the Atomics to Chamonix, and we get SZK to give us some boots...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wear The Fox Hat, 'GIVE' sounds a little strong. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wear The Fox Hat, That sounds ideal particularly the give part Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, 'GIVE' sounds a little strong. Evil or Very Mad

How about "donate"?
snow conditions
List Above.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Give me your relaxed foot length and width in mm, try and straighten your foot without over supinating it. Twisted Evil

Where do you measure from/to. Back of heel, or where sole touches ruler? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
marc gledhill, Sit on the stairs and place both the ruler and back of you heel against a step. This will give you an unweighted measurement. Becareful as this does not account for over pronation, use this as a GUIDE, a shell check is all important!
latest report
marc gledhill, Try to place both the ruler and your foot on the same step wink
latest report
LARGEZOOKEEPER, Why? I don't understand! Laughing
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, last time I checked, I think I was about 280mm - will do a bit of measuring tonight...
snow report
How come you are not doing the Salomon X-wave range anymore ?
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, last time I checked, I think I was about 280mm - will do a bit of measuring tonight...
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Puzzled
ski holidays
LARGEZOOKEEPER, foot size!
latest report
Ok I understand now Toofy Grin
snow report
smolo, Production has finished, shame it was the best ski boot ever, until they started filling it with holes. I think someone on this site had a little to do with the design!!!!!!!!!

I still have them in stock if you want a pair, remember to adjust canting!
latest report
Do those Falcon things compare to the X-Wave?
ski holidays
marc gledhill, No, much more anatomical and a lot less volume
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good ... I'm glad I got some before they were stopped.

And don't you know that the holes are specially designed so that you can practce grabs Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Well that is good news...I've got X-Wave 8 and have alwys found them excellent. Comfy yet controlling, flexible yet firm enough.
I got mine fitted at Profeet, The Fishmonger probably has an opinion about them!
snow report
smolo, So i'll be treated to repetitive bangs on the ceiling this winter! Twisted Evil
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, how do the Nordica Speed Machines compare to the Beast range?
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk, Very similar, 2mm narrower in forefoot and 3% reduced volume around midfoot and heel. Awsome flex with the best return to Origin i've seen in a ski boot! And they're beatiful! Better liner quaility, but still a little sketchy! Twisted Evil

So infact not similar at all!!!!!
ski holidays
Hi,
Not able to make it to the boot clinic so looking for some suggestions Laughing
My feet are 250mm long and about 150mm wide, I was told I had fallen arches when I was younger and got special insoles made at the local hospital but stopped wearing them cause they gave me blisters Sad
Thanks
snow report
lynseyf, 150mm wide! Impossible! Is this true?
ski holidays
sorry just realised i meant 105mm Embarassed still been told i have fat feet tho
latest report
lynseyf, Can't do this by post, there is advice but don't fatigue the srings on your keyboard descussing this on the net, go see CEM.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, Very similar, 2mm narrower in forefoot and 3% reduced volume around midfoot and heel. Awsome flex with the best return to Origin i've seen in a ski boot! And they're beatiful! Better liner quaility, but still a little sketchy! Twisted Evil

So infact not similar at all!!!!!

Thanks for that info - are the Speed Mchine translucent like the Beasts? I opted for the Beasts last season because I wanted as much forefoot width as possible, although I quite like the idea of having reduced volume around my heel - my Beasts are beginning to get a bit sloppy at the back of my foot and my heel feels like it's lifting up a bit.
ski holidays
rob@rar.org.uk, White chassis and bi-injected translucent upper part, various colours depending on flex. You should buy you boot to fit the heel and neck of the foot, remember we can make things wider but not narrower, well a little narrower!
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, White chassis and bi-injected translucent upper part, various colours depending on flex. You should buy you boot to fit the heel and neck of the foot, remember we can make things wider but not narrower, well a little narrower!

When I bought the boots if the heel had been any tighter I'm not sure I could have got my foot all the way down, but after about four weeks of skiing it suddenly got much looser. I'm guessing that this is because the liner started to compress, although I couldn't understand why this seemed to happen within a space of just a day or two. Would new liners bring back my heel retention (with apologies for inviting a remote disagnosis!)?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy