Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Xscape Castleford Ski test 2006-Reviews.

Poster: A snowHead
Flexon Phil wrote:
I have a garage full of skis to mount and that I need to "test"

This man isn't lying either rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
marc gledhill wrote:
Flexon Phil wrote:

One set is mine snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
plectrum wrote:
Nick Zotov,

just for u Smile

http://www.filarinskis.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=185_180&products_id=786&osCsid=a682c73fb4f6b93ec11642dcadb2e9ae

get em whilst they're cheap..i think they are 05/06's

I was about to order - but saw that their security certificate had expired when I went to the checkout. I have sent them a message via their contact form.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SnowHot wrote:
marc gledhill wrote:
Flexon Phil wrote:

One set is mine snowHead
But two more sets are "in transit" to me to be shipped to you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flexon Phil wrote:
SnowHot wrote:
marc gledhill wrote:
Flexon Phil wrote:

One set is mine snowHead

My quiver doth increase! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SnowHot wrote:
Flexon Phil wrote:
SnowHot wrote:
marc gledhill wrote:
Flexon Phil wrote:

One set is mine snowHead

My quiver doth increase! Very Happy
Nothing quite like having multibles...quivers that is.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am a multiple quiver kinda gal wink
Can hardly wait to mount those baby's!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SnowHot wrote:
I am a multiple quiver kinda gal wink
Can hardly wait to mount those baby's!
Click in for the ride of your life, baby!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In the interest of getting this thing back on track...............
After Fox's review of the K2 Burnin Luv, I appreciate Phils help in finding a great bargain on a pair.

I'll be sure to give you all the good word when I get to Click in and Ride!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You two should get a room.

(could I suggest the Stoweflake, say mid Decemeber Wink )
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
You two should get a room.

(could I suggest the Stoweflake, say mid Decemeber Wink )

Consider it done! Wanna join us? wink

(If you're lucky, you might just get another chance at Burnin Luv)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The reviews page now lets you search for all reviews for one Brand, One model or all reviews by a Particular snowHead.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/ski-reviews.php

If anyone who tried next season's skis at the EoSB can remember what they thought of them, it would be great to put a few words down here snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Are the ski review entries limited to only sH events, or can anyone who has tested skis enter their reviews?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
veeeight, I think anyone who has tested should enter - but check with admin!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wear The Fox Hat, After typing that, I realised that if I were to enter all the skis I had demo'd this season I'll bere here forever! So maybe not such a good idea after all.
latest report
veeeight, well, maybe enter a few of the more common ones you tried.
ski holidays
I'd like to hear more reviews of the twins featured at the ski test, such as scott p3 WTFH you should have tried the 178 (they do ski quite long), and k2 seth and the armada ar6.
snow report
Edmundh009, I only had so long to ski, and there was only so many skis I could test! (in terms of skis per hour, I think I tested more than anyone else)
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Edmundh009, I only had so long to ski, and there was only so many skis I could test! (in terms of skis per hour, I think I tested more than anyone else)
Stop making excuses, Hat: I caught you talking to people for at least 15 minutes over the course of the day - that could have been another set of skis tested!

wink
snow report
admin, maybe I should have run up the slope rather than stand in the lift line? I mean, I did slow down a little when my stomach realised I was skipping lunch...
snow conditions
...just worked it out...
8 pairs of skis tested
2.5 hours spent testing
If you allow 5 minutes per pair for set up, that works out at under 14 minutes per pair for testing.
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, equals two 300 yard runs for each pair? Very Happy
ski holidays
skibomb, close - the slope is only 150m long, so most pairs got 3 runs.
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, Cool. 2 runs forwards, 1 backwards snowHead
snow report
admin wrote:
Stop making excuses, Hat: I caught you talking to people for at least 15 minutes over the course of the day - that could have been another set of skis tested!

WTFH wrote:
that works out at under 14 minutes per pair for testing.

QED Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
I forgot... the Burnin Luvs took about 10 mins to set up. It appears that the tight little bindings weren't designed to take my big boots...
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
I forgot... the Burnin Luvs took about 10 mins to set up. It appears that the tight little bindings weren't designed to take my big boots...
rolling eyes Puzzled rolling eyes
All your creativity and that is all you can come up with?
ski holidays
SnowHot, it's been a long, hard week.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
If you fondled them first and played with their tips first, they might have been more receptive. Damn Brits don't know anything about foreplay. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Flexon Phil, all I did was run my hands along their bottoms to make sure they were waxed!
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, And? Was it to your liking?
ski holidays
SnowHot, a gentleman never discusses such things...

so, yes!
snow report
Pictures????

was it good for you? When you clipped in..was it toyt...toyt like tiger?
ski holidays
I already asked for pictures. He won't give them up. In fact, he denies there are any pictures.
snow conditions
MY THOUGHTS FOR WHAT THEY ARE WORTH....

1.SKI TESTING IS VERY SUBJECTIVE
2.SKI TESTING WHEN NOT GIVEN THE CORRECT GUIDANCE AND "HOW TO TEST" INFO CAN BE SERIOUSLY DETRIMENTAL TO A PRODUCT/BRAND
3. YOU CANNOT SERIOUSLY REVIEW A SKI WITH A WAIST WIDTH OF OVER 80MM IN A SNOWDOME.

READING THIS FORUM/TOPIC MAKES ME VERY NERVOUS.
THE INFORMATION POSTED ON HERE IS NOT CORRECT AND SOME OF THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE SKIERS REALLY MAKES ME WONDER IF THEY CAN ACTUALLY SKI.

THE BEST MOVE WOULD BE TO HELP BUYERS UNDERSTAND SEGMENTATION,LOOK AT THE GEOMETRY OF SKIS WITHIN EACH SEGMENT THEN HELP THE BUYER TO UNDERSTAND HOW GEOMETRY AND CONSTRUCTION CHANGE SKIS EVEN WITH IN EACH SEGMENT.

"The ski test was great for making me realise how much I prefer a ski around 180cm. I had very little confidence that any of the skis I tried that were 175cm or less would hold the line I wanted them to, those 5-10 cm seem to make a big difference (cue obvious jokes). "
THIS KIND OF COMMENT DOES MORE HARM THAN GOOD.
snow conditions
jeremy12, pretty much everything in life is subjective, a level of expertise lessens that subjectivity only in measure to the expertise. Since Warren Miller didn't have a window of opportunity to join us and most of the testers like the readers are (with great respect) recreational skiers, the views of our peers are more that acceptable. It is that very subjectivity that makes a review valid. . . which is no different than anything written in a magazine. If a ski responds well, indifferently or poorly to the cack-handed diving of a two week skier then other two weekers may well find it a help in deciding what skis to hire or try themselves.

We all can't be as expert as you.
snow report
Quote:

The ski test was great for making me realise how much I prefer a ski around 180cm. I had very little confidence that any of the skis I tried that were 175cm or less would hold the line I wanted them to, those 5-10 cm seem to make a big difference (cue obvious jokes). "
THIS KIND OF COMMENT DOES MORE HARM THAN GOOD

jeremy12, What do you know about the writer?
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, never mind that, we know nothing about Jeremy12 - and anyone who types their posts all in capitals, well... Very Happy

But seriously, Jeremy seems to be advocating only trained professionals (or scientists) test skis, and apply pure logic to the results. The problem with doing that is that unless the conditions of the slope are perfectly the same for every run, then the results are skewed.

Also, why 80mm? I once tested a pair that were 81mm - should I not have done that? Very Happy

Jeremy, welcome to snowHead, please tell us more about yourself and your experiences that can help us to understand where you are coming from.
latest report
How many Jeremys do we have? . . . Did it take 12 attempts to register? . . . I suppose I should stop there in case the mardy booger with the chainsaw gets his panties bunched.
latest report
I think perhaps we should stik to reviewing cheap alcohol. We obviously have no opinions worth hearing. The fact we both OWN 2 pairs of skis and average out at a month a year on the slopes means nothing to our new man of the people.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy