Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Free ZB Mini Skis - review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
having now used these jolly little skis for about a week I thought I could probably write a fair assessment of them.

They're very handy for teaching beginners and kids being short and having the bindings in the middle of the ski. Also, being a twin tip it's easier to ski backwards while watching your young students!

They're much more like a real ski than a snowblade (well - they would be!), but I do find they require a slightly lower position à la snowblade to work them effectively. (Of course the peeps standing on their heels on blades are not in control, doing it all wrong and a danger to everyone around them!)

they seem happy to make longer turns, although obviously preferring a shorter radius, and are OK in veriable snow and on the windblown stuff we had today. Summer ice is no problem, but 2 days ago we had slick winter ice in places and that was. There simply still isn't enough length of edge to grip properly.

Other than that I find them fun to ski on and potentially very useful for teaching. Mine are 139cms, and they also come in 129cms.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rossi did a full length "Free ZB" ski a few years back (I had a pair). I assume these are something new and totally different then?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, are these similar to Decathlon's own-brand short skis?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, I presume so, they're the same length choice - basically just a baby Scratch. Good fun though. White with red writing and lots of rather silly crossed out signs on the topsheet??
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I saw some Rossingnol Minis in the Ski Hire shop in Plagne 1800 this season- apparently getting V popular! They looked great (black and pink the ones I saw) Id love to give them a go, but I went down to 155 Scramblers mid season and totally couldnt get the hang of little skis! Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nadenoodlee, front to back balance?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No idea, only borrowed them for a day or so as a Chalet Guest picked mine up!! ( I kicked off a HELLUVA LOT!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy