Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

have Easyjet dropped doncaster to geneva??

Poster: A snowHead
So,

It seems all the EZY flight for next winter are all released except donny........

I keep looking for these flight to be released from Donny A/P to GVA and this morning Donny isn't even listed as an airport anymore.

I do hope they haven't dropped it as I have already booked the return to leeds in Dec with Jet 2 & was hoping to pick up the late night flight out

The flights from donny last year were stupidly cheap (perhaps that's why they aren't doing them this year)

anyone know anyone in the know (or will i have to book a flight elsewhere? Sad )
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I hope they haven't dropped them. Crying or Very sad

We flew out last year before Doncaster had started flights (we flew from Coventry - two portacabins - airport) and were hoping that this time we could go from Doncaster which is close.

i can assure you last time I drove past Doncaster airport was still there rolling eyes

have you checked its not been listed as just 'Robin Hood Airport' ?

(Cue moan about airport being in Yorkshire and what the Flick has it got to do with some bloke who wore green tights from Nottinghamshire!) Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's an airport in Doncaster?

Incredible!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ssnowman wrote:
There's an airport in Doncaster?

Incredible!

Yep
And the best thing is we get to flush the toilets as we fly over London !! NehNeh

Airport is the old RAF Base at Finningly. Runway is massive and can take the new 'super Jumbo' so scope for flights globally is magnificent

HOWEVER

local Council and Highways authority will not be upgrading transport links in the next 3 to 5 years, and train companies have 'no plans to run a rail service' even though there used to be a station at finningly and the line is still in regular use.

still look on the bright side

we get to flush the toilets as we fly over London !! NehNeh
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Odin, Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Odin, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Odin,
Quote:

Airport is the old RAF Base at Finningly. Runway is massive and can take the new 'super Jumbo' so scope for flights globally is magnificent

Aye Liverpool is also able to do that I remember seeing Concorde and Antonovs at Liverpool and the end of the runway was only half a mile or so from the house. Funny how they changed the name from Speke airport to Liverpool John Lennon Airport coz they wanted it named after someone famous Puzzled
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
halfhand, Landing at Speke was okay for the big jets. It was the taking off with half the wheels missing that was the problem.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, Razz Razz Razz
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Even if they have is it a tragedy to have to go to East Midlands or Leeds- both pretty local? Marginal airport have a fundamental issue in that they may be cheap but they or the airlines flying from them aren't often around for long e.g. Kent Manston.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fatbob,

Personally I liked Eujet out of Manston but it is right in the corner of Kent so really only ever going to be convenient for county people. The transport links are better but I wouldn't describe them as good enough. And notice that no one has rushed to fill EUjets boots for this reason, I reckon.
But it is the 2nd biggest strip in the UK, I believe
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hello All..... update on my Donny dificulties, received the following E-mail received from 'reception' at the airport, but it doesn't seem to
make any sense. Puzzled

>>>>>>>"Hello.

Unfortunately for the time being we do not offer/receive flights to Geneva but will inform my Business Development Team where you’re interest will be duly noted. They where part of our winter schedule for the skiing season

We are constantly in dialogue with airlines and Geneva is indeed a service which is clearly in demand. Rest assured any new route announcements will appear first online.

If we can be of any further assistance, please call us on 08708 33 22 10.

Kind Regards Kym >>>>>>>>>>

Leeds Bradford is indeed closer, but with short breaks it's all about the timings, and the 7.30pm flight out meant no extra time off work + it was an absolute bargain (last Dec: out from donny fri, back to leeds with jet 2 on sunday was £42 inc tax!) & for those of you who 'dis' the donny airport, it is a brand spanking terminal & almost a copy of liverpool with loads of parking right out front (presumably with the added advantage over Liverpool that you are less likely to be 'carjacked' as you unload your lugguage Shocked )
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
wrongsideof30, looks like it was written by someone who doesn't list English as one of their languages!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I wonder if Geneva residents are clamouring for flights to Doncaster. That might help.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
laundryman wrote:
I wonder if Geneva residents are clamouring for flights to Doncaster. That might help.

Obviously you've NEVER been to Doncaster !! rolling eyes
snow report
Odin, that was tongue in cheek, by god. Very Happy
ski holidays
wrongsideof30, sounds like someone who'snever heard of Sleazyjet.

And BTW if you ever get a parking space at Liverpool opposite the terminal I'll pay for your secret. I'm a regular flyer from Speke and the car park spaces opposite the terminal are always full. I usually have to park several hundred yards away.
latest report
I would have thought a safe place to park was as far away from Liverpool as possible wink
snow report
Odin, Now. now, 80's comedy so last century Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
That's me, very last century. Twisted Evil
snow report
Yep,

It looks like EZY have dropped Doncaster (they have even wiped it off their route map over the weekend Sad )
So now I am busy scratching around for an outbound flight on a wednesday evening in December,
having missed all the early booking cheap flights Mad
snow conditions
wrongsideof30,

Do Coventry do flights there ? We flew to saltzburg earlier this year from there. Car parking is around £40 per week and the drive to Coventry is not too bad. (About 1.5 hours south of Doncaster turn off on M1), M69 and straight in.

Think we booked about 1 month in advance for £35 each return. snowHead
ski holidays
wrongsideof30, I think they have run out of staff
ski holidays
Shocked

Maybe we should have a whip round and buy our own jet. I'm willing to have a crack at flying - I've done microsoft Flight simulator how much harder can it be. Twisted Evil

OK, so, chrisb is relying on all you snowheads for his next outing, dig deep and send your cash to ODIN's BEER FUND - Embarassed er, i mean Snowhead jet Fund
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy