Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Leysin, Switzerland...I need to know anything!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone. I am 99% sure I will be studying in Leysin Switzerland at a University through a study abroad program this coming January to May, and have been doing tons of research on the village.

I have been to switzerland to ski(Zermatt/Cervinia, Grindelwald/Murren/Interlaken area), and know that even if it is not the most massive resort in Suisse, others nearby will be accessible by a short train ride connection.
Through looking at some sites however, there does seem to be some promising off piste trails, as well as decent snow until the end of March/April.

Anyways, I am posting here to get some input on what people think of this small village ski area, and ANY information, facts, stories, rants, raves, etc.

I am really excited about living in a small Swiss village for a winter and just want to know as much as I can about the place before I commit to spending 6 months of my life there.

Thanks for any input!!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jskierpx, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I've not skied there myself, but friends who have been there have all enjoyed it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jskierpx, had my first ski holiday in Leysin but can't offer much info as it was on a school trip in 1982. Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jskierpx, Welcome to Snowheads snowHead

I have never been myself but if you have visited places like Murren & Wengen and didn't mind them im sure you will enjoy Leysin.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jskierpx, I've not been to Leysin but there are loads of good resorts in that area. A short drive west and you can access the Portes du Soleil and ski into France and back. Leysin is mainly south-facing and has few drags so is supposed to be good for boarders. I wouldn't bank on the lifts being open after easter, you will have to travel for late season snow.

If you don't get any first-hand comments about the place, access the search facility in the "user facilities" drop-down menu at top left and you should get some useful info from previous posts.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jskierpx,
Welcome to Snowheads...

Leysin's a friendly resort, with good variety for intermediates; boarding facilities are excellent (Nestlé championships each year). Resort is at 1,200m, and lifts go up to 2,000m. South-facing, with high sunshine record but snow can be unreliable after end of March. Not sure if I can private mail you through this board, but have got a 10 page briefing on the village we've written for our guests, which I can send if you're interested.

There's links to the village website, ski school, board info, sports centres, snow stats since 1950(!), nearby resorts (Villars, Gstaad, Les Diablerets etc.) mountain pics, climbing school etc. on one of our sites - ignore the chalet blurb - the useful stuff is further down the page:

www.chaletdamami.com

Hope that helps!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy