Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryan Air

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Be aware that if you check in on line and then fail to turn up with your boarding card (because, for example, there's no printer on the network you used to check in Embarassed), you'll have to pay £13.50 to check in at the desk. In view of the many possibilities for failing to print the thing, forgetting it or losing it, this adds an element of chance to the check in procedure which in the (unlikely) event that I fly Ryan Air again, I shall avoid.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
richmond, I think with the low cost airlies, and Ryanair particularly, you've got to make sure you do everything they ask or else they will hit you for extra charges.

I'm flying with them on Monday and I shall make sure we turn up in plenty of time, I'll make sure that our hand bagagge weighs less than 10K each and that it fits within their dimensions.

I will check in online and make sure I don't forget the boarding cards.

We've paid just £45 each for the flights, they are now £105.

The simple answer if you want cheap flights is to do exactly what they ask you to. Check everything then double-check again.

You watch, I'll go and forget our passports now wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bladeskier, you're right, they obviously take every opportunity to sting you, as is documented on this site. I don't mind bearing the cost of my oversight, although at £13.50 I feel that I've been penalised rather. Ryan Air seem to be the most notorious for stinging passengers and things seem to have become worse recently. Whether it's good business in the long run remains to be seen. BTW, I think that I'm right in saying that you cannot check in on line if you have hold baggage.

Don't forget those passports and boarding cards.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
... or your toothbrush
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My only (to date) experience with a low cost airline was with Easyjet at Easter. They were fantastic (it might have helped that we had no luggage to check in). The woman on the desk just asked us to check the our hand luggage would fit in the cage type thing, one wouldn't and she said that she hadn't seen us go through with it, and another got stuck in there (took a bit of effort to get it in - good job there was nothing fragile in it!). The stories I hear of Ryanair make me think they wouldn't be so understanding. They probably work like the police, and give each member of their check-in staff a quota of charges that they have to give! I'm flying with them to Dublin for rugby in October, quaking in my boots at the moment (similar to waiting to pass through Singapore customs Shocked ).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can check in online with most airlines when you have hold baggage, you just take your bags to the fast bag drop when you arrive at the airport, show them your boarding pass, get your little receipt thing and off you go

Ryan Air are cheap. If you dont like them, their idea/rules/maifesto or whatever there are lots of other airlines.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nadenoodlee, quite so, although not that many flying from Newquay to London late on Sunday evenings. I flew Air Southwest Newquay/Gatwick, and they seemed much pleasanter (although I didn't b*gger them around about boarding cards; they could have turned very nasty on me if I had, for all I know), but they were more expensive than Ryan Air.

I'm not really complaining (much), although I think that £13.50 is a bit of a rip off, just drawing attention to the penalty. On the few occasions I've flown Ryan Air, I've found it a mildly unpleasant experience, partly due to the airline's attitude and partly to my fellow passengers. Last night's flight wasn't bad; I had an emergency exit row to myself on what appeared to be an otherwise full 'plane, and it was on time, give or take. If there's an alternative carrier at a closeish price, I'd take it.

I checked on their web site, and Ryan Air don't allow you to check in on line with checked baggage (they also warn you that if you turn up without your boarding card, it'll cost you £13.50).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
richmond, Isn't Newquay a wonderful airport wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, very pleasant. Mind you, they charge you a fiver for the privilege of flying from there, to fund their new canteen and social club or whatever it is, so it ought to be pretty good.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I actively avoid Ryanair after poor experiences with them.
I'm more than aware of the 'you get what you pay for' of low cost airlines but I do feel that in that class of airlines I'd much rather go with Easyjet than Ryanair

Only problem is my mum is moving to a remote town in Poland - and the only UK flights to that one are on Ryanair. Although if they continue to be shoddy I'll probably choose to use Warsaw or Krakow and hire a car!.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, have a go at flying from Coventry Airport for a laugh - its just two portacabins rolling eyes

on the plus side though it only takes two minutes to get from the carpark to the check in desks (two), and its VERY hard to get lost in the airport. Razz
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I seem to remember that Carlisle airport is rather quaint, it appeared to made up of a couple of containers.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm guessing "quaint" is a polite way of describing it
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well after flying with Ryanair yesterday from Grenoble to Stansted I have nothing but praise for them.

On arrival at GNB I knew nothing about the security alerts, there was a massive queue at check-in which made me think something might be up. Ryanair had two people walking up and down the queue handing out BBC website news prints and generally passing on as much information as they could.

We were firstly told that we would be delayed, no idea how long, then they soon switched to saying a 3 hour delay which is pretty much what we got.

We checked in four bags with no charge, also worth mentioning we did check a bag in on the way out and again no charge. I was quite happy to check the whole lot in on the way back, hate carrying bags round airports.

It was strange to get on a plane and not see the usual dogfight to cram as much into overhead lockers as possible !

All in all priase for Ryanair and Grenoble airport for handling the situation extremely well.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy