Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl December?

Poster: A snowHead
Likely celebrating my 39 + 1th birthday by skiing in December.

Whats Ischgl like for a couple of 3-4 weekers who like flattering blues?

Who is our resident Ischgl expert?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter Leuzzi, I spent two days there in April, so I can't tell you what the snow cover will be like in December. From what I recall of the pistes - or 'Funny track things' as Mrs Ski calls them, you'll be fine. Lot's of wide blue/red type stuff, and a suprisingly large ski area.

The only downside I can think of is that the runs taking you back into the resort are quite narrow, and shady - so may get quite icy, and will be very crowded. You can use either of two bubbles to get down anyway..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ski, so sufficient blues for 3-4 days without need to do the nasty runs into the resort?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter Leuzzi, yep I'd say so....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been to Ischgl a fair few times and it's recently replaced St Anton as my favourite resort.

I'd say it's fine for your level and if your celebrating something then the apres is something else although I'm not sure what' it's like in December ... i may well be there myself the weekend before Christmas as we've got flights to Freidrichshafen and are watiing till nearer the time to see which of the Arlberg and eastern Switzerland gets the best snow.

Anybody else know how if the apres is still lively before Christmas ??
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RichA, thanks for that. Interestingly I was looking at the piste map earlier. Is it possible to get around without having to take a deep breath on certain runs to get to where you really would rather be? IOW's - can you zip around from easy run to easy run whilst avoiding steepness?

Apparently season opens Dec 1.

Who is your flight with? Transfer to Ischgl?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter Leuzzi,

'easy' is a relative thing so it's difficult for me to say .... 'Where to Ski & Snowboard' has it down as 4* for intermediates but only 2* for beginners so it depends on whether you consider yourself up to intermediate level yet

not sure about being able to stay on blues all day but then i don't know many (any even) resorts where you can

i consider Ischgl a relatively easy resort but that's compared to somewhere like St Anton and anyway the difficulty of slopes depends heavily on the snow conditions which are obviously dependent on the recent weather ... they have always been good to excellent when i've been there though i must say

we're flying Ryan Air and will hire a car ... you can get trains and/or buses to some resorts round there but they are slow and we arriving late'ish and with boards and skis so don't want to lug our bags around
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm going to Ischgl for the first time for the Christmas week, so I'll be a resident Ischgl expert after that snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RachelQ, we're off in March for the first time, so a trip report would be good!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Went to Ischgl last Jan/Feb, and it ticked all my boxes, and more particularly for yourself, ticked all Mrs Guvnors boxes for good intermediate skiing, although as echoed above this is obviously dependant on conditions.

Push the boat out for such an important birthday and stay in the Trofana Royale - spent my honeymoon there and it is the best place I've ever stayed in in any resort anywhere.....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Went to Ischgl last Jan/Feb, and it ticked all my boxes, and more particularly for yourself, ticked all Mrs Guvnors boxes for good intermediate skiing, although as echoed above this is obviously dependant on conditions.

Push the boat out for such an important birthday and stay in the Trofana Royale - spent my honeymoon there and it is the best place I've ever stayed in in any resort anywhere.....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Was so good I posted it 3 times....

(....hangs head in shame, collects coat, leaves via the back door to avoid paparazzi)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ski, RichA, RachelQ, hayley t, Thanks to all for your comments and to Guvnor, in particular for making his point well made!

Now you are getting me all nervous due to comments around what is easy skiing to some may not be to others. Can anyone parallel with these thoughts so I can understand it. Ill steer away from red runs for the minute.

Courchevel - the blues down into 1850 are a walk in the park for my wife and I
Obergurgl - blues were perfect as they were easy but also had a few little challenging bits
La Plagne - easy as pie

Does that make comparison eaier?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Peter Leuzzi, Please be re-assured...Ishgl does have the sort of terrain you are looking for. snowHead

Remember (however) that the easiness (or not) of a run depends as much on the snow conditions as on the grade of the run. Shocked
snow conditions
Peter Leuzzi, It is quite a while since I have been to Ischgl but from memory if you have found the blues in La Plagne/ Courchevel straightforward those at Ischgl should be just as enjoyable. The only caveat I would add is that runs anywhere are dependant on snow conditions and the same runs can be a dream in good snow and a tough expetrience in icy conditions.
ski holidays
ski, T Bar, roger that!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy