Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Folsom Custom Skis Trophy and Norrona Lofoten Pants

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I’m trying to cut down the quiver and looking to sell my Folsom Custom Trophy skis. They are 187cm and have Folsom’s everyday rocker profile. I had Mike at Folsom square the very tips of the tails off a bit to make attaching skins a bit easier (they are still mostly twinned). I also had Mike remove a little monster guy wearing a hat who usually appears on this topsheet (it’s called “Monsters Inc”) - I preferred the look of it without him there. I went with a medium flex (I weigh 78kg).

The skis haven’t seen much action (I have quite a few to rotate through) and as such are a fantastic shape.

SpyderJon installed quiver killer inserts and they are set up for Shift bindings (bindings not included) mounted on the line for a 315 BSL boot.

I’m looking for £300 and would prefer a handover rather than posting.

I’m also selling a pair of Norrona Lofoten pants (Medium). Purchased new in 2019 and worn for ski trips in 2020, 2022 and 2023.

The pants come with the optional zip-in bib and also with the alternative attachment which allows you to zip the pants into a Norrona Lofoten jacket of the same size (ie: Medium).

I replaced the standard front zip of the bibs with a beefier (colour-matched) aftermarket alternative - the standard zip used by Norrona is very small/flimsy and prone to separation, hence the replacement. In my view, they should come from the factory with a zip like this.

The pants are in good condition. There are the usual nicks and abrasions on the reinforced cuffs but nothing that compromises performance. I should add that Norrona’s official UK repair shop (Scottish Mountain Gear) repaired some damage to the rear pocket caused by me taking a tumble over some rocks in Big Sky in 2020. I have close up pictures of the external and internal repair work. 

I’m looking for £250.

I’m not sure how to add photos here and I’m not signed up to a photo sharing site. That said, feel free to message me and I will get them to you. Both items are on eBay (my seller name is Yamson1959), so there are photos there too.

Thanks,

James

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 24-10-24 7:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Jimty, great skis, shame you're selling 'em but a good buy for someone else. If you email me the pics I'll post them for you. I'd recommend adding what bsl the Shift QK inserts are mounted for - I'm too old to remember!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks a lot Jon - much appreciated! I’ll get the pics over to you this morning and I’ve added the BSL / mounting information to the original post.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

snow report

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy