Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas 2007 into New Year 2008

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yes I know it is a long way off but here what I am trying to sort out

My better half will have her 40th then and would like a week away ski ing with friends and the kids (of various ages between 2 and 7).

The requirements are:

1. Somewhere with child care for the non skiers (toddlers etc)
2. Not too long a transfer (bearing in mind that we normally go to Les Gets or Morzine)
3. A much better chance of snow that Les Gets may give at that time of year

And here is I think the tricky bit

Able to book now (chalet I expect) but not committ to the names of most of the party, because the chances are they will take a while to sort out.

I expect the whole party including children will be 12-14.

IN the past we as a family have used Crystal and Espirit and Ski Hillwood but I expect they would want names etc quite early on?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chrisb, Crikey - its a long way off! We would be quite happy to take a booking for then for the whole chalet with names to be confirmed at a later date...will have to get my head around the dates - would you actually want to be away for Christmas AND New Year or just one of the two - what date is your wife's birthday? If you want to PM me with a few more details I'll put some prices together for you.....we always give special discounts to snowheads - particularly when they want to book so far in advance! snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought I would bounce this one up to see if any one has a few more ideas - my other half likes choice before a decision
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
HI Chris

You are getting organised , afraid I can't fulfil all your requirements though!
1. No child care for little ones here, but how about bringing along a set of doting grandparents
2. 45 minute transfer from salzburg
3. Great snow, last year we had snow from mid November, reaching 1.6m in the village and 3 m on the mountains.

Deb
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
djfletcher, Yes sounds good apart for the kids - grandparents old and infirm
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Chris

I don't think that what your asking for is unreasonable and it's so far off that most places should accept a provisional booking...and we certainly would be able to help you in La Clusaz/ Grand Bornand.
Similar transfer time of just an hour from Geneva, and great kids clubs and creches (good value and close to slopes) - likelyhood of snow is similar to Les Gets etc as similar height and not a million miles away - but has always been good skiing at Xmas and New Year (on piste at least!) and they groom the pistes very well to make sure that even in limited depths its all good to go at. Take a look at www.karibuni.co.uk

Cheers

Paul
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy