Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach Hinterglem advice on ski school for adult/equipment hire locations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm toying with Saalbach for a trip this year and trying to work out prices for accommodation. I have some health problems that make carrying my kit for long or walking far in ski boots a bit of a pain, so I need to hire kit near the lifts and leave it in a ski locker overnight. I've not been skiing long and I was hoping to have some intermediate lessons also. So I'm trying to work out which the best ski-school is for a British adult, which lift they use, and where the best kid rental with a ski locker for that lift would be, and that will help me plan accommodation if that makes sense. It's a resort with lots of ski schools and seemingly lots of lifts so hard to plan! Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try to picture the centre of Saalbach as a capital letter "Y". The three lifts are at the tips of the letter - Schattberg at the base, Bernkogel at the left-hand tip and Turm/Kohlmais at the right-hand tip. The distance between them is about 10 minutes, and the Schattberg is downhill from the two other lifts.

Some hire shops offer ski lockers - from memory, Brundl offer this opposite the Kohlmais lift, or Hagleitner and Sport2000 opposite the Schattberg lift - but all of the hotels on the main street have ski storage. The issue is - if you rent (or stay) near to one lift, you're invariably 10 minutes walk from the other two lifts. Hansi's Ski Hire is popular with Snowheads - it's located at the bottom of the main street, but you can rent there and store your skis and boots in your hotel.

The ski schools generally start intermediate lessons on Turm/Kohlmais or on Bernkogel, so choosing a hotel (or shop) at the top half of the village is the most convenient for these two lifts. If you imagine that the centre of the village is at the centre of the "Y" then the hotels from there and towards the lifts at the top of the village are the Saalbacherhof, Berger Sport, Post, Bauer, Neuhaus, Wechselberger, Eva, Panther'a, Mitterer, Haider and Kendler.

For private lessons, there are a couple of British instructors at Furstauer (Nick and Johnny) and Snowacademy usually also has some British instructors. Only Furstauer offer group lessons.

There's also a Saalbach-Hinterglemm thread on Snowheads > https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=169959#5347878 for this year's thread. There are similar threads for previous seasons that are full of info.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@quinton, very well explained, if I may say so, especially your analogy with the letter “Y”.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@quinton, l also like the Y, never thought of it, FYI when the Brundl shop by the Kholmais was revamped for last season they stopped offering lockers
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy