Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What reminds you of skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
We moved into a new office building a few months ago. And the toilets remind me of the ones at the Eurotunnel terminal building. Must be the panelling, sink/top operation or something.

Aaaand, as we drive to skiing from MK I nearly always go for a wee there. Aaaand, it feels like you are genuinely on your way because you've survived the car packing and M25. Holiday mode is engaged.

We do use the tunnel for other holidays sometimes but mostly it's to go skiing.

So anyway when I go to the toilets at work it makes me think of skiing! What makes you think or reminds you think of going skiing?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Walking out of my front door and seeing the Zillertal Arena ski area, or walking out my back door and seeing the Ahorn ski area, or looking out the lounge window and seeing the Gerlosstein ski area.

Does this count? Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
opening my garage door?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Airport premier inns make me think of skiing Laughing as typically the flight out is at 6.00 on a Saturday morning so we always stay over the night before

As a side point.. I love this time of year. It’s a season long build up/getting body in shape/ longer dark nights. Love it! All points to skiing soon!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hearing pieces of music that were in the charts during specific ski trips.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Anytime I make Tartiflette
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
swskier wrote:
Walking out of my front door and seeing the Zillertal Arena ski area, or walking out my back door and seeing the Ahorn ski area, or looking out the lounge window and seeing the Gerlosstein ski area.

No Laughing Laughing

Not really the concept I was going for Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
opening my garage door?

More explanation needed...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rjs wrote:

Interesting - any particular tunes?

I often listened to the French version of Chaleur Humaine by Christine and the Queens late in the evening when skiing. We ski in France so the French lingo plus relaxing nature of the music I love. So that reminds me of skiing.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
When it starts getting cold and there’s the smell of engine fumes in the air… weird perhaps but definitely makes me think of skiing!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@abricotine, good shout
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
swskier wrote:

I don't see why not. I look out over two ski lifts as well, and one of the pistes back to the village ends up just a couple of hundred metres away. Yes, it often makes me think of skiing too. We even had a light covering of snow about a month ago...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Layne wrote:
rjs wrote:

Interesting - any particular tunes?

I often listened to the French version of Chaleur Humaine by Christine and the Queens late in the evening when skiing. We ski in France so the French lingo plus relaxing nature of the music I love. So that reminds me of skiing.

That track is one, I usually listen to the local French radio station when servicing skis each night. I also have the French CD.

Joan Osborne - One of Us: A trip to Utah, was on the car radio each morning during the drive up Little Cottonwood Canyon.
No Doubt - Don't Speak: A trip to Courchevel then Les Arcs, it was often on the radio being played over the stade loudspeakers.

When I started skiing in the Espace Diamant, the head of the ESF was a Johnny Hallyday fan and would often play it on the stade.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The tense wait for PSB buttons at this time of year. Checking Snowheads every 30 minutes.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Original Chapstick lip balm
snow conditions
Remember the name- Fort Minor, blasting on the deck of Chalet Chinal Donat, Orelle one fine sunny afternoon
One day like this - Elbow, effortless soft bumps one day in Colorado
New rose - The Damned, absolutely pinning it to make last lift
Single ladies - Beyonce, highly entertained in a bubble in Alpe D'Huez by a little French girl doing the whole song and dance routine for her mum
ski holidays
Sound of people walking on steel grid or metal stairs.
Every autumn when you first get that sharp tang on the air of cold.
snow report
Seeing the first Xmas tat in the shops and thinking hah I'll avoid that crap and be skiing by then.
snow report
Waxing my board. Which reminds me I need to go and scrape it.
snow conditions
Children by Robert Miles.

http://youtube.com/v/DvyCbevQbtI?si=YOGDgK4dLw4vDZbv

Stemming from some mid 1990's weeks in the Italian Alps and the Italians do stay up late clubbing Cool .

Ticket To Ride by The Beatles.

http://youtube.com/v/hJBesRuthzY

Not because of the Obertauern connection, instead a school teacher when we skied in Madesimo in 1980 sang it on ski lifts .... really badly, he was mocked Laughing
ski holidays
Custard-thick hot chocolate.

Huge bull silhouettes at the side of Spanish motorways (our route to Andorra)

Horse meat steak; when The Lads went skiing in France but didn’t speak French, and one steak on the menu was was good as any other. “Tastes a bit funny…”

Most things Canadian.

Sheryl Crow “All I wanna do (is have some fun)”. Katrina and the Waves “Walking on Sunshine”. Whigfield “Saturday night”.

More soon…
latest report
Going to Clarks outlet village in Street to get some new kit. Smaller size this year as I've lost a lot of weight Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Rotisserie chicken, my son seems to have it for lunch every day we go skiing

A strong smell of pine trees in the sun brings back easter ski trips

+1 for the cold day petrol smell
latest report
Take me out by Franz Ferdinand - was the absolute most played song by apres bands in Meribel in my first season

Suspicious Minds (Elvis version) - there was a Finnish guy, Mikko, who played really good solo guitar sets at apres in the Meribel centre pubs and again later in the evening at Pizza Express above Dicks T Bar. I used to see him play 2-3 times a week one way or another and he finished every single set with it. It's a great singalong song when you've had a few and I was often as smashed as he was by the time he finished his evening sets because Pizza Express ran a 10-11pm happy hour at €2.50/pint...
snow conditions
Any ZZT track associated with old Greg Stump ski movies ..... especially Seal or Frankie Goes to Hollywood.....

Man.... I am so OLD!!

I also leave the door of our small spare room open a bit so I can catch a glimpse of my skis everytime I go up and down the stairs......
snow conditions
Checking into the Novotel in Budapest a couple of years ago and it smelt exactly the same as Reims Tinqueux. There is clearly an air freshner used in Novotels europe wide but we tend to mainly use them on the way to skiing.
snow report
FoofyNoo wrote:
... I also leave the door of our small spare room open a bit so I can catch a glimpse of my skis everytime I go up and down the stairs......
Oh. Some people have houses which don't have snowboards in every room. Interesting wink
latest report
Living next door to Alice, Alice, who the fcuk is Alice - from Sölden
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Also looking into the eyes of my wonderful wife whom I met in Val d’Isère
ski holidays
I have an Austrian neighbour, about my age.
Every time he drinks a tad more than usual I hear him blasting Helene Fischer, same concert.
The one with Atemlos durch die Nacht snowHead which immediately takes me to Tyrol.
It makes me smile and eagerly wait for December.
An excellent singer with an exquisite dressing code BTW
latest report
The smell of melting cheese or wax or both.

My phones picture app.
snow report
Preparing skis for snow instead of plastic. Cantering through the woods on my pony.....
snow conditions
If you're thinking of skiing while having a slash, you got issues.
ski holidays
The 'icy' smell in the frozen food section in the supermarket.
Digging out a Buff to wear on chilly mornings in work.
The 'chorus' in any pub when Sweet Caroline is played... "Wo-ah! Ah! Ah!"
Stiegl lager on tap in my local.
Finding a piste map in a jacket pocket (and a lift pass card in the arm pocket!).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy