Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Argentina - Las Lenas and Bariloche

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking for any experiences anyone has with either of these 2 areas. I'm thinking about a Aug or Sept trip.
Worth the time?
Good place to stay, eat, etc.

Thanks,
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Went to Las Lenas last year. Brilliant if the Marte chair is open, best skiing in the world at that time of year. If the Volcano area is open, some powder down there as well. Local punter skiers are terrible, but you will be able to have breakfast with Hugo Harrison in the Edelweiss every morning along with all the other gringos.

Not many options about places to stay, either 4*/5*, apartments or basic dorms. Go to their website and try and sort it out, rooms get very scarce. Sept may well be too late for Lenas, check out the season closing date.

Lots of places to eat, Johnny's is where all the gringos eat for cheap food in the evenings but to be honest it was poor. Ufo is good but more pricey, although strangely good sushi for a Argentine mountain resort. Just get yourself a hugh Lomo completo for lunch and most days you will be alright.

You should try and get to La Cima though for a proper Argentine meat fest. Truly amazing experience, 100m up the nursery slopes. They will pick you up in the evening but of you get a bad weather afternoon, drop your gear outside, get indoors, get a Parillada and a tubful of red wine. Didn't eat for 25hrs after that.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
metropical,
Check out www.extremelycanadian.com - they do a trip there every year at about that time and from what I've heard it's pretty awesome!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Marte has had the cable blown off this season - check teton gravity site forum for the latest lowdown- there was some speculation over whether has anyone qualified enough to recertify a potentially damaged cable. Definitely South America is a good place to go to hang out with pros if that's your thing and see them lay down some amazing lines & the meat eating is second to none!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
have a friend in Bariloche at the moment and she has been enjoying some amazing conditions with plenty of fresh snow. from the emails she has been sending it sounds an amazing ski area, with some good off piste runs.
worth the time..... its August and hot where I am and no chance of a beautiful off-piste run..... !
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I got some photos of my last trip there (amoungst others)

I would say September is getting late & will be very spring like in Bariloche.

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showgallery.php/cat/500/page/1/ppuser/80
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy