Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs -> Eurostar Transfer question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I was looking at booking the ski train back from Bourg St Maurice to London next year, the train on the Sunday departs at 8:09, which means getting the first funicular off of the hill at 7:30. This seems like a pretty tight transfer window and if the funicular is full then I might be screwed. Has anyone done this same transfer and ran into any issues? Or better yet, not ran into issues at all?

Thanks! Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Speak to Travelski. That seems waaay to tight to me. When we travelled with Travelski they wanted us at the railway station 1.5+ hours before leaving
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Will you have to do customs and passport control? if so, no where near enough time, even without that its too tight

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 14-10-24 14:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I thought the ski train was only bookable via Travelskis, and their packages give you seven nights in resort with the second saturday night down in the valley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nbt wrote:
I thought the ski train was only bookable via Travelskis, and their packages give you seven nights in resort with the second saturday night down in the valley
No, you can book train travel-only if you want, via the Eurostar website and other booking agencies.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We did the ski train last year and are also booked for feb next year. We couldn't get the extra night in les arcs as most places go sat-sat so we stayed in bourg on the saturday night. Took the funicular down once we finished up skiing on the saturday night. We have been to Les Arcs 3 times in the last 2 years and twice the funicular has been out of action for a day or so I personally wouldn't rely on it to catch my train home but maybe some people have had a better luck.
Ski train is ace Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The ski train is no longer direct. When travelling back, you change at Lille and customs formalities take place there. So your transfer time from Arcs to the station is tight but no customs checks to worry about.
Since its no longer direct, it is now similar to getting a regular TVG to Paris and then Eurostar from there to London. You might be able to get a regular train from Bsm later, allowing more time to download from Arcs.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That is tight but possible, not sure if I'd push it that much for such a long journey, any idea what time the first bus down is?

If you can stay an extra night in BSM and go home on the Sunday then you'll be better off (plus an extra day skiing)

As others have said ski train is now really a single ticket for London to Lille Eurostar and then Lille to alps (i.e. BSM) TGV.

This is easier than DIY London->Paris Nord->Paris Lyon->BSM because you don't have to cross Paris. However crossing Paris on the underground is not as bad as it sounds one you get the hang of it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
40 mins should be fine. No check in to deal with until you get off at Lille and then back on the final leg.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy