Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot adjustment Scotland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I got my boots fitted at Ellis Brigham with custom footbeds last year. They felt fine in the store and feel comfy when I first put them in. But I find that pressure builds up in my feet after about 30 mins of skiing.

Is there a better boot fitter in Scotland (I’m in the Falkirk area) I could go to for adjustment? Or could it just be that I need to wear them more to get my feet used to them?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why not go back to EB in the first instance as they will adjust for free? Note that the lead fitter at Braehead has left.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try Shona Anderson in Glasgow, works for herself.
https://www.facebook.com/shona.anderson.311

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100034329374639
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pressure building up over time (depending where the pressure is) have the fitter check your ankle joint range of motion, i know i keep going on about this but it is the single most important thing after boot size and shape and the footbed

closest good person/place is probably Karla at Craigdon in perth
if you can get hold of Shona Anderson, she would also be good but not as local
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Craigdon in Edinburgh are doing good things recently. Like the one in Perth it's an employee owned store.

Though based on information available I would tempted to take out the custom foot beds and try something with different shape and less rigid (superfeet / insoles from running shoes?). Is the pressure building on balls of the feet? A cheap experiment that could easily be conducted on local dry slope. Assuming size correct then next biggest variable is the insole.

My personal feeling is a lot of shops are getting custom footbeds badly wrong.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Ski lots, I thought Braehead had closed down?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the reply.

I did go back to EB once already and not a huge difference, hence I wanted to try someone specific that comes recommended. Shona sounds like a good shout- thank you!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, the slope has but Ellis brigham shop is still there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy