Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Campervan parking Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some info on where I might park a camper van within reach of GVA airport while I fly back to UK for a couple of weeks during January or February this coming season. Zurich may also be a possibility. Trying to organise a fiendishly complex itinerary for this years skiing. Shocked
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No current local knowledge but when I looked into this about 10 years or so back for possibly stashing a car bought for the purpose of being an alps runabout concluded it was difficult or too costly to be really accessible. Of course if you're looking at longer duration trips than long weekends (and not arriving on last flight of the day etc) I guess you could look at secure parking anywhere on a train line served from GVA.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @Dave of the Marmottes. Currently looking for somewhere to leave it from 1st Feb - 13th Feb. Probably going to fly GVA to Venice for BB then fly back to Edinburgh at end of BB and then out to GVA 13th.....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@snowheid, hasn't @dadmin left the bus4dub in the mountains and flown back to the UK before? Maybe not from GVA though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We use Yespark for our car that we leave in a secure car park near Lyon Airport (€33 per month) Maybe worth a look, though I think nearest you will get is Annecy or Annemasse. When I researched parking just a standard car close to Geneva it was prohibitively expensive which is why we now fly in/out of Lyon.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hells Bells wrote:
@snowheid, hasn't @dadmin left the bus4dub in the mountains and flown back to the UK before? Maybe not from GVA though.

I was thinking @admin may have some ideas but didn't want to PM him and a general shout out probably more effective.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowheid wrote:
a general shout out probably more effective.
I agree!

I've left BU5 4 DUB in airport parking at Milan and at Turin.
Leaving the van at Milan is good for Japan, if U can.
Turin is pretty cheap though and is a very convenient stop between the Birthday Bash and the GnarliBuG snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As another option, as we are skiing the Magic pass, we could leave the camper van at or near one of the resorts and get train to GVA.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@snowheid, a mate of mine uses an off-site parking operation about 5mins from GVA which is definitely ok for VW-sized campers, not sure about bigger ones.

Will try and find out the name for you.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@snowdave, Thanks but we are 2.6 meters high so probably not an option.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@under a new name suggested parking-valet.ch on another thread. I haven't used them yet but cheaper than the GVA airport carparks.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Check your insurance - leaving our motorhome parked up without us for more than 48 hours wouldn't be covered. Not saying you'd be in the same position with a campervan(although many campervans would be just as expensive as a motorhome)but it's worth making sure it's ok to leave it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/marker.php?id=35024
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@admin, was your van in a car park in the Trossachs recently?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Origen, not that I'm aware of Toofy Grin
snow report
Well good job I didn't leave a cheery Snowheads message on the windscreen. It was a very smart VW van with some kind of VAN DUB reg.
snow conditions
Origen wrote:
It was a very smart VW van
Laughing that'll be you're first mistake Wink

The BU5 4 DUB has worked very hard for you lot over the past 10 years snowHead
snow report
How close is the BU5 4 DUB II project to commencement/completion?
snow report
'Close' is a relative term
snow conditions
I did actually wonder about the extreme smartness of the van. Laughing
snow report
admin wrote:
'Close' is a relative term

This decade/ half century?
snow report
@snowheid, Les Diablerets would be the best "Magic Pass" option I can think of. The carpark by the leisure centre is used by campers/motorhomes and van conversions all the time without any problems. We've stopped there for a week several times, park wherever you like. The station for the train down to Aigle is 200m.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/jn8LmNSk9HFFkw456

https://park4night.com/en/place/4775
snow conditions
snowheid wrote:
@snowdave, Thanks but we are 2.6 meters high so probably not an option.

The place my mate uses is outdoor, so no height restriction I’m aware of. I think it’s called “big park”
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy