Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Edelweiss Hotel Champoluc, Monterosa, Crest

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone have any intel on this hotel please? Have booked it (cancellable) for a boys trip mid Jan for 4 nights. Not really after much nightlife but more about a few beers after the last run and then a nice meal out, either in the hotel or down in Champoluc. Seems to be at the top of the Crest lift so not accessible by road but evening lifts can take you up at 22.30 and 23.15 which works for us. Looks like a short walk to the Ostafa lift and then I am guessing pretty much ski in for the end of day return? Would like to hear from anyone who has stayed there on what the accommodation/food was like but also the piste access and connectivity to the rest of the area. Thanks all.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
Looks like a (very) short walk to the Ostafa lift and then I am guessing pretty much ski in for the end of day return
Yep. Location, location, location. Ski in and +/- out always nice.

Food at lunchtime is pretty basic, we don't go very often for that reason. You'd definitely want to eat in the village at night, I'd think. That may have changed, been a couple of years since we tried it.

The accommodation is fairly recent as for many years there was a planning dispute, resolution of which led to renovations. Photos look OK but I don't think it'll be uber luxury/huge rooms, etc. But convenient.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you, sounds perfect so far.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Vintner, your question on "connectivity" is a bit odd.

Have you looked at the "main" piste map? The "main" system is pretty linear with Champoluc at one end and Alagna at the other. With go forward/go back the choices at many junctions ...

It's not a complex layout, but most pistes are long and usually immaculately groomed.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wouldn't dwell on it if it sounds odd, just down to lack of research on my part. I think a brief look at the maps suggested it was on the very edge of the resort and I was interested to know if it would take a long time to get to the main area, what you say about it being linear makes sense though and looks like plenty of skiing right on our doorstep.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Vintner, indeed. Bad weather days (as long as not too bad) you can easily just loop the Champoluc & Frachey slopes then tuck in for a nice (adventurous) lunch at Novez. Don't omit to try the slopes above Gressoney-La-Trinité - two long slow chairlifts but nice pistes, and a decent (if unadventurous) lunch at Punta Jolanda.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Basically the connection to each valley from the others is through one point at the top end of the middle valley as you can see from the map. There isn't any other place you can cut across and it is a very long journey round by road if you miss the connection before the lifts close. The other two valleys are famous for the huge amount of off-piste. Champoluc less so.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy