Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Seasonaire - UK Passport

Poster: A snowHead
Looking for any chalet/hotel owners who might be looking for staff this season. UK passport holder, 18yrs old with hospitality experience and a 2 week chalet cook course completed. All usual suspects have been tried, so TOs, companies like VIP, Ski famille etc, joined all FB groups, signed up to job alerts, checking resort specific job sites etc etc. So hoping a fellow SH might have some ideas/leads to follow. THANK YOU.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look at Andorra. It’s not in the EU so you’re in the same position as anyone else with getting a work permit. Pas de la Casa, Soldeu and Arinsal have the most English speaking guests so businesses there will be the ones most likely to want English speakers. There aren’t many chalets though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have considered that and will have a good look, but still really holding out for France (or Italy, Austria, Switzerland). Thank you for replying.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@trmacc,
See my last post on Seasonnaire Jobs thread, Resort Reviews forum & click on the link.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Kenzie, thanks, yes working way through your very comprehensive list - huge amount of effort on your part! Still finding it hard with age and UK passport so if anyone on SHs can recommend Hotels or chalets they think might take on Brits much appreciated.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pretty sure TUI jobs page said UK passports were welcome again now when I last looked
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
trmacc wrote:
@Kenzie, thanks, yes working way through your very comprehensive list - huge amount of effort on your part! Still finding it hard with age and UK passport so if anyone on SHs can recommend Hotels or chalets they think might take on Brits much appreciated.

Have you tried Le Ski?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yes and was unsucessful sadly.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@trmacc,
Did you post on FB groups Tignes Seasonnaires or Tignes Seasonnaires 2024?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Joined, thank you (along with all othe FB pages I can think of).
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ollski2.0 wrote:
Pretty sure TUI jobs page said UK passports were welcome again now when I last looked

The jobs on the TUI site are all for "EU Nationals" or for "Local residents". The only jobs for which a British national might be able to get a visa (or rather, for which the employer might be able to get a work permit and visa) appear to be management level jobs - and all of those are currently posted under the "Local Residents" banner, and presumably Brits currently living "locally" in the EU already have a Residency or Article 50 permit.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@trmacc, Have you considered Canada? Working Holiday Visa is easy to get and resort restaurants are crying out for cooking staff. Accommodation can be an issue, but for chefs and cooks there tends to be accommodation provided - subsidised not free. You can often arrange shifts so that you can ski most days
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks but France is the really the goal. Have tried so many avenues, hence asking on here if there are any SHs who own hotels or chalets who might be looking for staff. Thanks
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
trmacc wrote:
Thanks but France is the really the goal. Have tried so many avenues, hence asking on here if there are any SHs who own hotels or chalets who might be looking for staff. Thanks

Unfortunately getting a job in France for a UK passport holder is difficult. My niece tried last year having taken a chalet cooking course which "guaranteed" a job, but found if you dont have a visa to work in France/EU no jobs are available. No one on her course got any work.

3 years ago my son was looking and again last year. Went to Canada as would be able to work, and despite skills in hospitality gained in Canada, no chance of a visa, hence going back to Canada this year as he has been given another WH visa for a year.

If France is the goal, can you save enough to allow you to ski and live without having to work? My son worked for 6 months on returning from Canada and was able to fund January and March in the Alps. He came home in February during the holiday peak season.

BTW he was offered jobs when out there (3Vs). Not sure if legit or off books though, but seemed to be legit from what he said.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
trmacc wrote:

I think it is unlikely to happen for you in this way for reasons already given. Put yourself in the shoes of a chalet/hotel owner. Why would they put themselves through the pain of job sponsorship and visa uncertainty etc for an 18 year old who probably hasn't been away from home before and thus may or may not work out? That is nothing personal just reality when it comes to first time workers.

Why not get a working holiday visa for Canada where there are definitely plenty of jobs (although accommodation can be challenging in the big name resorts)?
latest report
Thank you all for your very helpful replies. I know it is going to be hard so just trying all routes just in case someone can help. People do get jobs in France, even 18yr old, UK passports holders, so going to keep persevering. As I said above my post here was purely to see if any SHs had chalets or hotels who might be looking for staff and as for your point @Dave of the Marmottes, not all 18yr olds are the same, some have lived away from home, held down jobs and would stick a whole season so worth a punt. Very Happy
ski holidays
@trmacc, like I said nothing personal. If you have good evidence on your CV on having lived away from home and held a job for a sustained period , yet you are still being rejected it may well not be the only factor. I think my core point was you would have to be more than just a punt and rather an almost cert for an employer to pick you among a field of candidates.

Why are you so all-in on France? If you you have plenty of time to work one or 2 jobs in the UK as @knackered knees suggests and save up to finance 3 months out there anyway so why not go that route?
ski holidays
I know most of the chalet/tour operators and ski shops here in Val d”isere that do employ UK passport holders have already completed their recruitment process but you could try Mountain Rooms.
latest report
Yes, it does feel like they have all recruited earlier this year than last year. Have sent an email to Mountain Rooms, thank you.
snow conditions
@trmacc, I truly don't want to discourage you from France, but the process is not at all straightforward.

https://www.welcometofrance.com/en/fiche/obtaining-a-work-permit although I'm sure you've done this research.

Bottom line in my experience, is that most employers, even in anglophone situations, are understandably not interested in the hassle.
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, Jnr has done this. Worked the season in Andorra (didn’t really bring much home) and has worked solidly since. He’s went out to Argentina a couple of weeks ago to ski for a couple of months. He’ll return in September, work for a couple of months and then head out for another season in Andorra. He’s lucky in that he has a trade, and is self employed so he just has to make a few calls to contacts and he’s pretty much guaranteed work in between winter seasons.
snow report
trmacc wrote:
Joined, thank you (along with all othe FB pages I can think of).

OK. Did you actually 'pitch' yourself on them, rather than lurk?
snow report
Yes, pitched heavily, no point in just lurking you're right. Sadly most of the responses seem to be from creepy men!
ski holidays
Quote:

Yes, pitched heavily, no point in just lurking you're right. Sadly most of the responses seem to be from creepy men!

you would have thought Huw Edwards would have steered clear of the internet for a few days Shocked Shocked
snow report
trmacc wrote:

OK. Can't say I saw your posts, hence why I asked.
snow report
This is my mother's Snowheads account as I don't have one, different name!
latest report
@Kenzie, ahh just checked and in a few groups the posts had been removed as I'd not been a member for 3+ days, so have redone now as over that now. I'd been getting quite a few messages (unwanted ones!) so hadn't realised not gone up on all the groups. Thanks for the heads up.
ski holidays
@trmacc I've been looking into this myself as I was thinking about a bit of career break in 2026.

I've had a browse various UK TO recruitment pages and, as has been mentioned, most of them are looking for EU passport holders.

One possible exception appears to be Ski World. Although they don't explicitly state that they will employ non-EU passport holders, they list support with visa applications and visa cost reimbursement amongst their employee benefits, so could be worth checking them out.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have tried Ski World thanks, there are actually quite a lot of companies taking on UK passport holders (quite a lot of whom are on Kenzie's list,) problem seems to be finding that along with someone willing to take an 18yr old (lots state over 21) on their first season, hence looking for smaller companies I might have missed or any good leads.
ski holidays
That's good to know. I'll be honest I've not looked at (or even heard of) half the ones on Kenzie's list! I'm still in the early stages of planning so I was just looking at the ones I could remember off the top of my head. Bodes well for me though (being 38 the age thing shouldn't be a problem!)
Good luck in your search. I can promise you will not regret doing a season. You might even quit your job and go back and do another one in 15 years!
latest report
@trmacc, The EU's offer of youth free movement was recently rejected by the last government - so the ball is in our government's court. You should write to your MP so they know how you're affected by having had your freedom of movement taken away.

I assume you've already tried shaking the family tree for "citizenship by decent".
latest report
@.Ro, yes, checked all the family and no luck! Yes, I have written to my MP, of course being in Scotland all they've done is blame it on Westminster!
latest report
Quick update now I've taken my account back from my daughter! Just to say if anyone else is looking at this not to give up as she has now got a Chalet Host Role. This is after dozens and dozens of applications, numerous rejections, handful of unsuccesful interviews etc etc. Just keep at it even if it feels like you're getting nowhere. Use @Kenzie's really good article and feel free to message me as we have got a few more companies to add to that. And if you are thinking about next year, start looking in MAY. The cookery schools say wait till after your exams, but I am not sure this is the best advice as many we looked at at the end of June had already recruited.
snow report
Link to that article - feel free to add to it - it was written for an Aussie ski site last year, so will be out of date!
https://www.ski.com.au/xf/threads/a-brief-guide-to-working-a-ski-season-in-europe-including-job-leads.94086/
snow report
Digging this up as I saw a great looking job for the right person, including UK passport holders.

Alptitude are looking for a weekend changover assistant. Saturdays and Sundays only €950-1050 a month, and 5 days a week to ski.

https://alptitude.com/

Perfect if you've saved up the money for a season, or most of it, and want to earn some beer and food money on top while skiing a lot!
latest report
@swskier, Thanks! I have flagged to my daughter. She's got loads of hospitality experience, although suspect cleaning wouldn't be top of her skillset - judging by the state of her bedroom Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy