Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help with Serre Chevalier pistes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of going to Serre Chevalier in January. I have booked an apartment, but I can still cancel the reservation. I am happy with the domain selected, but I would like to know more about the difficulty of the slopes. My partner is starting with red slopes, but she prefers to avoid the "dark red" slopes. So I would appreciate if one of you could give me a list of the easiest red slopes in the domain. Are they difficult compared to the "typical" red slopes in other domains?

I am particularly interested in your opinion on the Cucumelle slope, as it is mandatory to take it going from right to left on the map. Also, it looks very nice. But is it a difficult red slope ?

Of course, I know that any red slope should be more difficult than the blue ones, but in any domain there are red slopes that are easier than others.

Thank you.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@fragoral, Vallons de Cucumelle is very wide, so there is loads of space to turn. It's a lovely piste and one of my favourites. It should be quiet in January, so no worries about crowds.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@fragoral, if you go on google maps they actually have a street view for that run so you can explore it virtually now. Just bear in mind that it can be hard to get a good judge of steepness from photos that look straight up or down a run. Looking across the run is a bit easier to judge gradient from
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I found all the colour grades of slopes in SC to be pretty fair. But Echaillon down to Frejus when we were there last March was unpisted with deep moguls and blooming hard work especially the middle section. It was as hard as any black I have skied tbh and not especially enjoyable to me as a reasonable intermediate skier.
Cucumelle is super wide and a pretty nice run and long too. Without crowds it’s easy to pick your lines and traverse if the steeper bits are a problem to your partner.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@fragoral, the first pitch of Cucumelles is the steepest part but as @Hells Bells says, it's very wide and the steeper part is not long. It's the piste in the background of this photo, under the Vallons lift.

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just thinking back probably the next worst run after Echaillons was the blue, almost green by gradient in places Vallons towards Serre Ratier. It was in pretty poor shape by end of day and a lot of folks were firing down too fast hitting the rollers which were like speed humps and crashing. It was carnage at times but mainly due to behaviour than actual difficulty.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy