Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kinder hotels Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good kinder hotel or similar for Easter next year, please? It is our first family ski holiday (there will be 4 adults and 5 kids aged 4-10) and we’re looking for something a bit lux and also super convenient - near the slopes, good ski school, other activities if kids not loving skiing everyday. But also good food and nice accommodation. Maybe it is too much to ask?! Keen on Austria, Slovenia or Italy. Thank you!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Easter is late this year so bear in mind. I stayed in one in Hinterglemm but not sure the lifts will still be turning at that time of year? It was excellent but I think people got the bus to ski school. there were slopes right out the back but it might just have been more convenient to get to the ski school place by hotel bus. Place was lux, good rooms, common areas and wellness / pool.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
we stayed in a very good hotel this past Easter at Obertauern. Kesselspitze valmar. Not a kinder hotel but as good as with the childcare and fun stuff for kids. boot room 5m from ski lift. Ski straight back to the boot room. booked through hotels.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have stayed at 3x Kinder Hotels in Serfaus and Fiss. The ski region is open until the 21st of April and is relatively high for Austria with about 50% of slopes above 2000m, so should still be decent for easter half term, though have not been there at Easter myself. Some of the valley runs are south facing so that could be an issue in spring, but if worts comes to worst you can download in the gondola.

The hotels we have stayed at are Loewe and Baer in Serfaus and Laurentius in Fiss. All three were excellent, though I would say my favourite is Baer. It has exceptional facilities for kids: huge indoor softplay, indoor/outdoor pool with water slide an even a climbing hall.
Food there is excellent too. The main downside is that it is a bit of a journey to ski school meeting point, first you walk down to the dorfbahn (underground) which takes you to the main loft hub. Then up the main gondola and the meeting is close to the too of that. Takes some time to get there, however the advantage is that once you have dropped off the kids you aee already on the Mountain. We left most of our gear at the depot by the gondola.
Laurentius in Fiss was a little closer but still involved some walking.

Overall fully recommend any of the Kinderhotels in SFL and the ski area overall.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Welcome to Snowheads. Hotel Zauchenseehoff in Zauchensee. Great spot, short transfer, kids club et al. https://www.walchhofer.at/die_walchhofers/hotel-zauchenseehof/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
8611 wrote:
Easter is late this year so bear in mind. I stayed in one in Hinterglemm but not sure the lifts will still be turning at that time of year? It was excellent but I think people got the bus to ski school. there were slopes right out the back but it might just have been more convenient to get to the ski school place by hotel bus. Place was lux, good rooms, common areas and wellness / pool.

I stayed here last year - it's called the Ellmauhof. Can't recommend it highly enough - there's a nursery slope at the hotel for the tiny ones (our 3yo went) and a bus to the main ski school for bigger kids. We skied in & out but it's a rather steep blue down to a T-bar, so for first timers or small kids the bus is definitely wiser. As 8611 says it's a bit late however - the lifts in Hinterglemm close on 6th April this year, so just before Easter hols. Earlier in the year I'd say that fits your bill perfectly.

The Serfaus ones look great, but I did also find this website which allows you to filter all kinderhotels on various metrics, including altitude and proximity to ski lifts, which may be helpful. There's one in Galtur, which will still be open and is close enough to Ischgl for a day trip.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
we stayed in the Almhof in Gerlos ( a bus ride to the gondola tho) for several years for half term in February, we loved it, have also been to fisserhof where the food was almost too much - and I love my food! both have exceptional service and facilities.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Familyskier2025, welcome to Snowheads - you have a PM (top right, Send/Read Messages)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy